new guy here

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

chophead69
Approved Member

Re: new guy here

Post by chophead69 »

Thanks tuna if it works awsome if not i will send them back to ya.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Can anybody tell me the part number for a black rear a arm mounts and are the black bulkhead still available? This wolud be for a graphite team car.thanks

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Neither are available, nor have they been for some time

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Can easily hunt it @ evil bay,just search RC10 Vintage, and the list goes on.

Goodluck.
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

I dont want dyed parts tho.lol

roether82

Post by roether82 »

Unfortunately, there is no new part for either of these. Ebay is the only way to hunt them down. Over this summer I'm thinking about trying to cast my own parts for these, but we'll see how it goes.
Do what you should do, love who you should love.....now that's living.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

I saw you were trying to make arms how did that work out? I am looking for aluminum arm mounts now.i just started back to work ina machine shop so as soon as i see how they are with side project i am going to make some.plus a rear bulk head out of aluminum.unless chris or some makes em first and sells em to me.i jusg ordered the klien arms so waiting on those.i have been busy with base ball practic all week with my son so i havent done much.hoping to work on one of my tens tonight.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

there are some black aluminum rear arm mounts on one website, i have it listed on the part sites thread i created.

http://www.pargustore.com/alloy-parts/associated/rc10.html

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Thanks dmat i saw your thread and i have used it.but i read in a post on here were someone got them and pin size to large and they had to get another set.i think there were other issues to.one was having to wait to get them.i wouldnt mind waiting but for that price being made where they are is a ripe off.i would gladly pay that for a usa part.maybe even a little more but wow.his parts look good but prices to high.40 for shock collars? I almost got a set of his rear arm mounts till i read that post. I am hoping somewhere somehow soon i will find a nice aluminum set.after i wrote that post i searched here and found the skinny on the rear arm deal.if anyone has had good luck with arm mounts and feel this was just on person who got a badset let me know i might just break down and buy them if i dont find a set of atlas or??? By the way hows your ten doing dmat? And thanks again

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

completely in pieces. many setbacks due to failed ebay auctions on certain parts. pretty much put on pause until I get my real car dealt with. my other threads sorta say where im at :/

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Hey dmat if you need something for your ten and i have it its yours.just let me know.
So now i got my graphite sitting on b4's (thanks everybody!)
The rc10b4.1 went to the chopping block for its parts.i am using the brushless setup the servo and the radio setup plus i
Used the front hubs out.the rear hubs with b44 cva's.i am still waiting on some stuff for it so i dont want to show detailed pics.yet. :lol: i am will be selling the b4.1 chassis after i take the top shaft assemble out for the graphite also.just want to recoup something lol.i also am thinking about sell my hot trick chassis to.my be my running ed as well.i put traxxas servo 12turn burhed motor and speed control in it with a traxxas radio and some ebay wheels and my son loved it.even tho his stampede does 65 he thought it was awsome to play with a rc that old and how well it ran.i have brought some stuff lately and i want to concentrate on two right now.but in a short time i picked up way to many.(got another car coming from the evil ebay).
Attachments
securedownload-8.jpeg

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

im not short on parts, just more looking for certain ones. I'm probably gonna try some cvd's and see how those run. did you use a 3/16 kit or stuck with the 1/4" axles for yours? Im getting sick of the 3/16 extended axles. the part that dogbone goes into it sticks out too far and clashes with the arms. I'm finding my U joints work better but feel like trying out the CVD's first before i get everything set in place again.

Since your starting back up at a machine shop, maybe you can make yourself a good steel diff gear. that way you dont worry about the tranny and just have to replace the spur when it grinds up. Thats what id try if i had the know how to do those kinds of things.

if your worried about your spurs, you can convert the topshaft to the b4 version and run new spurs that are easily replaceable. There is a thread in the tech section for it.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

They are 3/16ths i think.will check.they are the stock ones on a rtr b4.
To make a gear would be cool but i would need a indexing haed and i would need to grind a cutter to make the teeth.i dont know if they have one yet.i even have a few peices of titanium in my box.(i always keep scrap)would be a good lunch time or saturday project.def saturday project. :lol: but i could do it and i dont think they every made any.i just got titanium turnbuckles for my rc10 graphite and now they are to short (more parts i didnt need!)so thats next.
But so far b4 front hubs
B4rear hubs
b44cva's
Front and rear rpm team car a arm
1/8 rear wheel spacers.
Can i use the b4 shocks or do i have to get new shock towers?
I have world carbon fiber now.
Also can anyone who did this same type of build what factory team blue turn buckles to buy? It would just help me save some time.good night everyone

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Ok so i haven't posted any pics latly or even worked on my graphite but i did realize i wanted to use the b4 rtr shocks on my rc10 so thanks to this great site and my questions so thoughtfully answered by the many more knowledgeable people here i ordered the extended front worlds tower and shorten rear tower i also want threaded shock bodies so i have the fronts ( thanks kranzel's hobby shop for great price) so now i have to get the rears.i also wwnt the gold shafts so they are next on order.i ordered the new carbon fiber towers on saturday when i came home on monday they where here? Wow i know they are in pa but i almost think he drove them here lol.i now have the worlds i brought from him that i will hold on to for another project i guess.oh i also got a new andys front bumper, rear a arm mounts and bulk head from ebay in black so now i dont have to dye my perfect white parts!!! Well i new when i got the rear bulkhead there where no wing tube holes ...ok ...but the new shorten rear tower has wing mount holes oh ok b4wing mounts? No i also got someother stuff from the bay world and a wing i got has kysoho wing mount awsome cause thats the one i wanted.oh wait looks like i ordered a wing from rec.and i just made a wing..ok so now i will get the a&l wing mount.noway!!!new jod???yes thats right machine shop so now i have been there 2 days and there is a tool room lathe right next to my mill.so i will be makjn a set.and i have some titanium in my box from a job from year ago i can use that for nose tubes for my other car(to many projects anyone want a couple rc10's? Lol)

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

This is my new runner.i btought this one off of ebay from mdutcher.he sent it as a roller in really good condition.not much to do but add a spectrum servo,tazer 2800kv brushless,venom 3cell,b4 wing for now and spectrum radio system. It has the truck treatment,worlds chassis,kliem arms,white rpm rear bulkhead,white rpm tranny,rpm gear cover,white rpm bumper and carbon fiber shock towers plus b4 style wheels proline i think. There is a build thread here from mdutcher when he had it.now i need a body.
Attachments
securedownload-14.jpeg
securedownload-11.jpeg
securedownload-19.jpeg
securedownload-12.jpeg