New member, new b3 project!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DontTreadOnJake

Re: New member, new b3 project!

Post by DontTreadOnJake »

Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Do what i did an put a b4 layshaft in so you can use the twin pad slipper system. Its a direct fit as the gear is the same size. Youll need the slipper b4 plates as well as the springs and thrust as well as a gearcover and i opted for an rpm one on ebay. I will try and post pics when i get a chance.
Ironically I just got in the mail last night an RPM gear cover thinking down the road I would do what you just mentioned. Did you have any trouble getting the gear cover to seal on that top corner, the one farthest from the two screws? Its like the cover I got was molded weird, I sanded a little off in a couple spots and got the gap cut down to about half of what it was but still a gap.

DontTreadOnJake

Post by DontTreadOnJake »

Also I was playing around in my basement a couple nights ago and wrecked the servo. What should I be looking at for a replacement? Doesn't need to be competition grade just reasonable (Less than $50) and durable.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

this is dirt cheap and pretty reasonably spec'ed for a general 'standard' servo with ball bearing:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVW07