I'm praying...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

flipwils11
Approved Member

Re: I'm praying...

Post by flipwils11 »

fakiee wrote:yeah, because people carrying guns really seems to be working :roll: an area where you have to have people armed with weapons is not a safe environment for children. The only other place which springs to mind that requires armed guards is a prison.
Please start a new thread with your gun control rhetoric. :roll:

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I have two little girls (6 & 8 ) and I can't bear reading stories like this. I need to leave the office and hug my babies. Absolutely horrific.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

How sick are people, to even think about doing something like this let alone act on it? :roll: How can we weed these people out of the system?

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

flipwils11 wrote:
fakiee wrote:yeah, because people carrying guns really seems to be working :roll: an area where you have to have people armed with weapons is not a safe environment for children. The only other place which springs to mind that requires armed guards is a prison.

+1

It's cowards like this shooter that prey on innocent targets where there is no protection. Otherwise, they would be handed their ass before they could so much as begin a hanus act like this. Demented pukes like this are well aware of this, thus their cowardly actions.

Having 3 young girls of my own, I couldn't fathom what these people are going through. Truly unspeakable...

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

flipwils11 wrote:Please start a new thread with your gun control rhetoric. :roll:
Agreed, I can see this getting out of hand. I'll remove my 'anti gun' comments as this should stay a place for thoughts and prayers.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

askbob wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:

+1

It's cowards like this shooter that prey on innocent targets where there is no protection. Otherwise, they would be handed their ass before they could so much as begin a hanus act like this. Demented pukes like this are well aware of this, thus their cowardly actions.

Having 3 young girls of my own, I couldn't fathom what these people are going through. Truly unspeakable...
I inadvertently started this discussion with my post, my apologies. It's how I was processing the idea of the loss only.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

yeah, because people carrying guns really seems to be working :roll: an area where you have to have people armed with weapons is not a safe environment for children. The only other place which springs to mind that requires armed guards is a prison.

I inadvertently started this discussion with my post, my apologies. It's how I was processing the idea of the loss only.

i feel like i started this more guns not less .. i think people have to wake up.. i live in nj and i never even shot a gun cause the laws are so crazy i dont want the trouble.(heck my dad even had some cops draw guns on him for shootng a bow in a feild )
It's cowards like this shooter that prey on innocent targets where there is no protection
this sums it up maybe if an armed guard was there noone would be dead besides this 1 scumbag.. my school had a guard why not have one with a gun that can shoot..

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

The shooter apparently committed suicide, apparently he killed his father and mother and a brother was arrested, and two more people connected to him are missing.

So there's a chance it will be at least as bad as VirginiaTech a few years back :(

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

The shooter apparently committed suicide
that should of been his first move

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

And a knife attack at a school in China today as well. Not to mention the mall shooting here in Oregon on Tuesday. What a depressing week. Seems like a good time to just go play with toy cars for a while.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

longboardnj wrote:
The shooter apparently committed suicide
that should of been his first move
slotcarrod wrote: How can we weed these people out of the system?

Two fabulous comments, quoted for emphasis.

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

The Kindergarten class he went into was his moms classroom so he killed her and all those innocent little kids! It made me want to go get my kids from school. This stuff makes me sick to my stomach!!!

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Guys like this will find a way to hurt people even with tougher gun control. Any item can be used a weapon to a maniac.

The shooting a few days ago at the Clackamas Town Center mall is where I grew up. My parents were on their way to sears when the shootings happened. Luckily they had decided to go to costco instead when they pulled in the parking lot.

As a father of two 10year olds and a 2 year old I can only imgaine the pain the families are feeling. This is just sick,

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

I feel totally numb reading this. we have no idea how the families etc, feel tonight or for the rest of their lives. With 2 young children of my own. I cant even string together a sentence right now to expess how I feel about this.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

sickening.

As a parent, I can't understand how anyone could ever hurt a child.

May that rat bastard rot in hell.

Not only are they forced to deal with the heartbreak of a senseless loss of life, the survivors will have to cope with this for the rest of their lives....( and during the Christmas Holidays?...)

I could only wish that our thoughts and prayers would be enough to help comfort the grieving parents...and those poor kids.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...