Another new bloke

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bow2986

Another new bloke

Post by bow2986 »

Hi fellas, great forum and some amazing rc10's.I had been flying rc helis for years and then discovered the rc bikes. It's nearly allways to windy for the helis, not smoothe enought for the bikes, so I have decided to buy a couple of rc10's, I will try and buy a nice one somewhere and keep as a shelf queen, I have one now I have just brought and will keep as my basher. I don't know what model it is but the steering seems very tight, are there any steering upgrades you guys reccommend for the rc10, I don't see any bearings in the steering, only bushes. Thanks for any advice
Mick

mikea96

Re: Another new bloke

Post by mikea96 »

Take some pics and show us what you have. If there is bushings in it you just need a simple upgrade to bearings.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Welcome new member ! Where are you from, Australia?

bow2986

Post by bow2986 »

Hi, and thanks for the welcome, and yes i'm Aussie.....I'm not like most on here who dug their old car up from the attic or garage, my first was a super champ any way. I simply spotted a rc10 on eBay and instantly said I want one for when its to windy to fly and all my parking lots are taken, I have about 7 large scale rc helis, I have three ZH racing rc bikes, and only 3 weeks ago i had a ZH 328b 1/5 rc bike custom made in Tiawan sent to me, but I still want a rc10 or two, my wife just shakes her head and says you are worse than a little kid, and trust me fellas when I want something I get it. I am in no way bragging as many of you have way more and much better in your beautiful collections, its just with all these toys I have I can't see the helis and bikes being used to often, I am way more excited to be owning a rc10, I am not so much limited to where I can use it and just love the look of it, I have allways preferred the scale look with my rc's . I am having trouble identifying what model my rc10 is, I will post some clear pics of her soon and am hoping one of you could tell me?
Can you also recommend a esc and motor combo for it and do you know if anyone offers a painting service for the rc10 shell? Thanks for any replies fellas
Mick

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Welcome. If your wife is shaking her head now we need an update for when the RC10 sickness really sets in. :lol:
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

bow2986

Post by bow2986 »

Hi, the sickness has allready set in mate. My wife brought me a RC10 from a forum only last week and said "RIGHT, when it turns up, you have one little look to check it over and then it gets put away for Christmas", it arrived yesterday.......so last night I sat her down and said "DARLING I will pay you back the money you spent on my rc10 for Christmas so i could get another Christmas present" she said "yeh okay, what do you want" believe it or not I said another rc10, but darling I can use one for spares, I don't want to have a bad crash and be waiting weeks for parts" guess what i got my own way so now im hunting a second now as we speak, so you could say I have the rc10 bug, cheers
Mick

squirrelnutz
Approved Member

Post by squirrelnutz »

Nice one Mick. I wish my wife was so understanding. I have to lie and say that I'm purchasing rc stuff for my friend because he doesn't have an ebay account. The only thing that saves me is it's she can't tell what's what in my mess of rc's.

bow2986

Post by bow2986 »

I read these replies and it puts a smile on my face.....I pulled that trick only about a month ago when I wanted a new rc bike, I said to my wife it was for my mate , who my wife knows, and knows he's not real good on computers so she believed me.....the bike was deliverd to my address, about 5 days later I said to my wife that my mate didn't like the bike so I will buy it from him, the bike never left the house..
Mick

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

I got the sicknes also...Kinda like pringles...Once you pop you can't stop :lol: Welcome to the forum...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

Pictures are great. Until then, you can look through the 25 year thread and see if you can match it up to anything
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13059

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

Welcome to the site. I hope you find these classics enjoyable. My wife has been very supportive, as well...she says it keeps me out of trouble.
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

These stories sound so familiar...

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Russ Winn wrote:Welcome to the site. I hope you find these classics enjoyable. My wife has been very supportive, as well...she says it keeps me out of trouble.
Exactly. I figure what I used to spend on the weekends out and about before kids. So far RC is cheap.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS