odd new rc stuff.. who likes it??

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

odd new rc stuff.. who likes it??

Post by longboardnj »

kyosho 1/10 EP 2WD r/s NeXXt is a good example, check out the wheels and tires. wild! http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/110-EP-2WD-rs-NeXXt-Type-1_p_11171.html i know its a cheezy rc but i really like when people break the mold and do something different.. anyone else a fan of the off beat stuff? i know i cant wait for someone to make a sand rail out of a traxxas funnycar :twisted:

Chris K
Approved Member

Re: odd new rc stuff.. who likes it??

Post by Chris K »

I sometimes wonder what motivates these types of things; in this case I would throw a guess at it that goes something like: The K Mart/Wal Mart/Target non hobby grade buyers have been buying stuff that looks like this for years - looks 'outer space' 'luner lander' and therefore is a 'grab' from that standpoint....

MY sincere hope is that there can be a viable class of realistic looking buggies (short course buggies if you will) that are a bit toned down so that they can be enjoyed by 'the rest of us' rather than geared toward potential and wanna be world champions. It's close to being ON with the Losi XXX-SCB (which has taken a LONG time to catch on to whatever level it has caught on) being joined by the Associated version.... Sadly, Losi discontinued (or is about to discontinue) their offering.....
Wherever you go; there you are!

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Looks like a modern Scorpion 8)
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Looks clunky. :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Chris K wrote:I sometimes wonder what motivates these types of things; in this case I would throw a guess at it that goes something like: The K Mart/Wal Mart/Target non hobby grade buyers have been buying stuff that looks like this for years - looks 'outer space' 'luner lander' and therefore is a 'grab' from that standpoint....

MY sincere hope is that there can be a viable class of realistic looking buggies (short course buggies if you will) that are a bit toned down so that they can be enjoyed by 'the rest of us' rather than geared toward potential and wanna be world champions. It's close to being ON with the Losi XXX-SCB (which has taken a LONG time to catch on to whatever level it has caught on) being joined by the Associated version.... Sadly, Losi discontinued (or is about to discontinue) their offering.....
"The K Mart/Wal Mart/Target non hobby grade buyers have been buying stuff that looks like this for years" that was my thought on the sc2.2/3.0 wheels and tires. then i got over it and said its a rc truck dont over think it just have fun.. this post was more to point out some of the new odd rc stuff not just that the kyosho nexxt is cheezy. i know its cheezy and very odd thats whats making me like it..will i buy one ? i dont think so,but i may pick up a wheel set for a odd project..

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

back on the new odd stuff anyone a fan of what traxxas did with the funny car rear wheels? instead of using big slicks with goodyear painted on the rubber they have low profile slicks and they made the side of the rim say goodyear.. im not a fan of this but i can respect what they did. i rather just seen it like the real thing but this is something thats been done in the real car world with whitewalls.(whitewall is the rim and the tire is low profile, saw it on tv) anyway more odd new stuff ,55 slash anyone ? http://parmapse.shptron.com/products/productdetail/FIFTY+FIVE+SC+BAJA+.040%22+Clear+Body/part_number=1238/137.0.1.1.22093.0.0.0.0?pp=25&
Attachments
parma55.png
parma55.png (188.63 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
parma55.png
parma55.png (188.63 KiB) Viewed 1672 times

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

IMO, onroad car bodies slapped onto truggy chassis' look like shat to me.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Coelacanth wrote:IMO, onroad car bodies slapped onto truggy chassis' look like shat to me.
yea i know what you mean i just like that people are thinking outside the box. what is nice is that it is made to fit sc trucks maybe a cool idea for the traxxas rally. 55 chevy baja is something that has been done in the real world too .
Attachments
l_2425a710652dd1cf372b11a81c675ac3.jpg
l_2425a710652dd1cf372b11a81c675ac3.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
l_2425a710652dd1cf372b11a81c675ac3.jpg
l_2425a710652dd1cf372b11a81c675ac3.jpg (46.28 KiB) Viewed 1659 times

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

I like the 55 Chevy body....it reminds me of all the wide bodies they made for 1/10 buggies way back when.

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

longboardnj wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:IMO, onroad car bodies slapped onto truggy chassis' look like shat to me.
yea i know what you mean i just like that people are thinking outside the box. what is nice is that it is made to fit sc trucks maybe a cool idea for the traxxas rally. 55 chevy baja is something that has been done in the real world too .

I always dig the anti-yawn stuff! :D

(as long as it resembles an actual vehicle..)

Way to go Parma!, now this opens up several cool larger scale opportunities....off road, classic street machine,....hmmmm.

How's about this body with the Traxxas funny car wheel & tire set up...anyone?

I'm still holding out for a '68 Mustang Fastback and '68 Charger body...How freakin' cool would it be to re-create a large scale Bullitt syle car chase with a indestructible Slash chassis?
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Bravo, Parma! I've been wanting to do an RC La Carrera Panamericana car for years. My plan was an RC10 chassis and a Bolink or McAllister body, but this is the same idea.

Resistance is useless... it is an idea whose time has come...

Heck, that might even get me to buy a used Slash. (what am I saying?!?)

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

I was pleased to see this body. I immediately thought that it would make a great dirt track racer. I am in the middle of a Slash Desert Racer truck, but now am thinking with an interior and that body with the cage, it could be very cool. My only problem would be where the cage would run thru the body itself...

If it fits, I would be excited.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

On another note, this looks really cool. I haven't had much interest in the short course craze, but this looks awesome to me.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/108710/

sbcnyc
Approved Member

Post by sbcnyc »

i gotta get that chevy body for my scgt.... i think it would make it look like a cross between a demo derby and madmax contraption

reminds me of the days when you'd buy a pan car body and make it fit because it gave a totally different look... i remember trying to make bodies out of toy cars fit...... goofy as fak... i dig it

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

MelvinsArmy wrote:On another note, this looks really cool. I haven't had much interest in the short course craze, but this looks awesome to me.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/108710/
yea im a big fan of this truck .. if i had the cash id get this for the shelf