rc10 bomber

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Re: rc10 bomber

Post by knucklebuster »

Thanks bent. I'll update with some pics of the races.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Yeah def man. Hows the car runnin like it is?
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Phin wrote:Heh how's the offset of the front with the B4 wheels mounted inside out like that? Would be funny if thats all it took to get the same offset as the old wheels and nobody tried it before. :wink:
thats how i run rims on short arm rc10s

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Bent wrote:Yeah def man. Hows the car runnin like it is?
After running my graphite rc10 with a friends 5000 mah lipo, I will hold off running until my lipos arrive. I'll try to link the wheel standing brushed buggy:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22023

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

ever think of running truck rims/tires in the back ? its a great setup that ive been running on the road for years,and what about foams? id run car foams in the front and truck foams in the rear. it was a must for long high speed in car runs ..in car run is i sit in a car as a passenger with remote driving rc in front of car as a driver drives his car about 30-50mph (that was very fast about 10-15 years ago when i was doing this ) .

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Foams are good thats what I run on my racer but you have to ad heat or an additive to get them to really stilck. Also if you are running on dirt (or clay i believe you said) you will need to groove them for max traction.

Here is my cars page look at the pics on the page and you will see my foams on stock jellys. there is plenty of life and traction with that setup. Atleast with a 13t mod motor setup. Also on underbody pic you will see it replaces plenty of dirt.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27643&start=15
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Bent wrote:Foams are good thats what I run on my racer but you have to ad heat or an additive to get them to really stilck. Also if you are running on dirt (or clay i believe you said) you will need to groove them for max traction.

Here is my cars page look at the pics on the page and you will see my foams on stock jellys. there is plenty of life and traction with that setup. Atleast with a 13t mod motor setup. Also on underbody pic you will see it replaces plenty of dirt.

nice to see your running brushed. i see your running traxxas rec are you running traxxas remote? just wanted to see if they bind to another radio.

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

knucklebuster wrote:The class runs 13.5 brushless. I plan to pick up a 13.5 as my 5700 is a little too fast. Currently set up with a Cyclone and 12x2 Reedy.

What ESC are you going to run? I am considering a Novak GTB2 x-drive with a 13.5 Novak Ballistic. I saw a system with an Edge 2S, but its limit is 10.5 turns, and it would be at the motor limit if I was to eventually go to late models. That way, I wouldn't have to invest in another ESC. Your thoughts?
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Russ Winn wrote:
knucklebuster wrote:The class runs 13.5 brushless. I plan to pick up a 13.5 as my 5700 is a little too fast. Currently set up with a Cyclone and 12x2 Reedy.

What ESC are you going to run? I am considering a Novak GTB2 x-drive with a 13.5 Novak Ballistic. I saw a system with an Edge 2S, but its limit is 10.5 turns, and it would be at the motor limit if I was to eventually go to late models. That way, I wouldn't have to invest in another ESC. Your thoughts?
I have the Castle SV2 in my pan car. No problem binding with my old Futaba Magnum Jr tx with metal adjustment pots. The later Jr tx with plastic pots caused my SV2 setup to stutter.

It is a sensorless system and I have been happy overall. I assume if I buy a sensored motor and don't plug in the sensor it becomes sensorless. We are both obviously in the RD phase. I am looking at used 13.5 Novak or 3300 Reedy for the bomber class.

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

I've been trying to do a bit of research, and found a pretty good deal on the system I mentioned. Like I stated before, I still have brushed motors, Nimh batteries, and a Futaba AM radio...I need major upgrades in order to compete.
I was looking at another thread, and found some 2S 5000mah 50C Lipos for cheap, but I'm not 100% sure what's legal to race with.
I keep checking at the track, but most of the time, they keep saying they're waiting for the new DODC rules to come out. I checked with the site, and found rules dated 10/08/12. I'm not sure what the problem is.

With all that being said, I'm leaning toward the Novak GTB2 ESC, Ballistic 13.5 bl motor, Gens Ace 5000Mah 50C lipos, and a Futaba 3PL radio. I guess further discussion on the car setups will continue once they actually start racing there.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Phin wrote:Heh how's the offset of the front with the B4 wheels mounted inside out like that? Would be funny if thats all it took to get the same offset as the old wheels and nobody tried it before. :wink:

Here's a good discussion on RC10 dirt oval set-up:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27077
Phin, the bomber with slight toe out, buggy toe in.
Attachments
IMG_0430 (640x480).jpg

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Russ, with the exception of the plastic pot Futaba FP T2PBKA tx, all my old tx rx electronics seem to work fine with no stutter on high power brushless setup and borrowed lipos. I have never run fm but honestly don't see the need for upgraded tx rx.

I am considering the same batteries. For a few dollars more, ha ha, Venom 4000/5000 batteries have a one year warranty and trade up policy. Having said that, I expect it might be difficult to swap out a used battery with Venom or a retailer.

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

longboardnj wrote:
Bent wrote:Foams are good thats what I run on my racer but you have to ad heat or an additive to get them to really stilck. Also if you are running on dirt (or clay i believe you said) you will need to groove them for max traction.

nice to see your running brushed. i see your running traxxas rec are you running traxxas remote? just wanted to see if they bind to another radio.
Yeah I will have this brushed for a while. How ever when all my brushed stuff is used up or sold off I will go to a brushless setup. I am running the traxxas link 2.4 set up. I like it fewer batterys and aside from set up its better than any crystal setup.

Knuckle buster have you looked on ebay for some stock b4.1 elec? those are 3300kv brushless. Also if you have any funds left some threded shocks and a spring kit will help in fine tuning your set up. You can have the best car in the universe but if the setup is sht your never going to win one.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

I did a little surfing around, and found Yupers Speedway announcing their first race on Nov. 3 at 2pm on another RC board.

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Thanks Russ... still waiting on lipos. I sold some stuff on epay so I have a little rc pocket change now.

I doubt I can make it out this weekend. I will let you know asap. Take some pics if possible.