New Car

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

trek
Approved Member

Re: New Car

Post by trek »

No need to feel stupid. I'm just getting back into RC and I reading stuff all over the place and just when you think you know what is going on, you don't.... (At least that is how I feel). I value everyone's input on my posts and I hope I am providing some information for everyone.

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

So I finally got around to boiling up the parts to attempt to reduce the brittleness. I think I came up with a decent rig to hold the parts in the water. I ended up boiling these parts for 10min. The pot in the parts are sitting in are part of a small double boiler, so it has holes in the bottom of it.

I have some various sized zip bags showing up to put in the parts in. I was reading through the manual last night and realized that it is not totally clear which parts come from which numbered bag. Many of the parts it tells you but it gets a bit vauge when you start pulling parts from multiple bags. I will just have to do my best and also use the parts list in the manual indicating the type of parts in each bag. I'm pretty sure I will be assisting in the build, so in the end I suppose it isn't too crittical. :?

Nylon parts in boiling water
2012-10-25_21-27-14_543.jpg
All parts after the boil
2012-10-25_21-37-07_978.jpg

trek
Approved Member

Post by trek »

Ok, So I got my bags and have put everything in it's place, at least as far as I can tell. Seems pretty good to me. I believe the only parts I need are a new body and wing. (I don't have a complete roll bar, but I'm not too worried about it) I see that new protech bodies are available and wings are available, but there are many different styles. Still need to figure out what the orginal wing was.
2012-10-30_20-19-59_777.jpg

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Love how you put everything in bags and even look like you got labels on them. Bag A, Bag B ?

What a great idea, you guys are going to have a blast building that, and it will be a memory that she will never forget!

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

I too think it is an awesome idea and ALMOST did it with the one I tore down, just so I could go thru and have the joy of building it as if it were brand new! I look forward to seein more updates when they happen!
Matt