2012 TAMIYA VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 15-18TH

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: 2012 TAMIYA VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS • SEPT 15-18TH

Post by kaiser »

whats the good word erich? i keep hearing differnet rumors, and different locals have different ideas, some are "pouting".

how's the track coming?

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Ya I'll be honest it's been tough getting the track built but I'll say that the guy that runs the club has always been very dedicated to getting it built like me. We're struggling to get dirt TO the track. We had a truck but no dirt, then dirt but no truck but he and I work on it daily. He got the dirt we had spread and I'm working on a couple leads for a dump truck to get more (and cleaner) dirt to put on top of what we both consider "the base". It's getting there but definitely a very I hill battle with just the two of us working on it. The race IS two and a half months away ya know! :) if anyone here has a contact for fill or a dump truck please let me know. The more heads on this the better for sure.

In other news, sponsors are sending in prizes and things are movig forward. The ad for the race is in the Aug issue of Car Action on sale right now and the website is live! Things on the race end are definitely moving forward!

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Erich ,one thing you might want to try with your truck prob
is approach one of the rent it by the hour rental yards and ask them if you put one of there CO banners at the track and explain the
reason
Thats what they do here on the west coast and 99% of the time they loan them a truck for some track advertisement
just a idea

West coast swing
west coast swing
west coast swing
farmer :wink:
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

That's a good idea actually! Thanks man!

West coast swing is "in the works"... a little birdy told me. Not the Nats but vintage for sure :)

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

maybe give erwin @ rc hobbies and more in winsted a call and see where he gets his material.

he's gotten some good deals, and he also does the banner/free advertising thing with the vendors.

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Erich Reichert wrote:...... if anyone here has a contact for fill or a dump truck please let me know. The more heads on this the better for sure...
Erich, (In the case you are still looking for dirt - can't tell if you need clean clay..or just a truck now) one idea is to go here..

http://www.thebluebook.com/ct/

Search key word "earthwork" and area "Connecticut".

You should get a pretty good list of excavating, fill, backfill contractors that you could simply call and/or email to let them know you want dirt, where you are, and the type you'd take.

The sort of dirt you want..the nice sticky fine grained sandy clay, is the same stuff that these guys generally can't give away because of the high clay percentage, it's generally not suitable for re-use in a lot of contraction. Retaining wall guys in particular are always trucking their excavated dirt away to a landfill (and paying to dispose of it) when it lacks any coarse sand or gravel content.

Just a thought. (I'm a geologist/geotechnical engineer by trade - I don't like clay under a building, road, or retaining wall I design..but in a track it's just fine :D ) Good luck.
- Brian -

My Gallery

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

What? You don't have a track?? :shock: You have a back-up plan?

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:What? You don't have a track?? :shock: You have a back-up plan?
They have a track. It's just not a completed track. :wink:

Seriously, this will be the first true VONats... The property will be just like it sat in 1986... undeveloped. :lol:

Good luck... you still have time. Our local track was pulled together this year with a handful of people over 2 Saturdays (with a spare hand or two thrown in during the week). You can do it!
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Charlie. We're building the track. Base has been laid down and final dirt is coming. We've had a dirt oval there for a few years but the Offroad track will be brand new. Of COURSE I have a backup plan. If for some reason we can't race there, Wolcott Hobbies has a brand new indoor track that's only 20mins away. He's going to be at the Bethel track that weekend with a mobile hobby shop set up and is happy to have us at his place if we need. I also have a plan for if it rains. The club President at Bethel has committed to a tent to put over the track so we could race under that if the weather is bad.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Well, purchased my plane tickets yesterday. I will be bringing last year's JRX Pro SE, year before that's JRXT, and the Kyosho Lazer I picked up last year for 4wd.

Hope to see many familiar faces!

covell2
Approved Member

Post by covell2 »

If I make it, it will be a last minute deal. Hope I can as this has been the best race I have attended!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I really want to but I will have see how money is the closer we get. I have my car ready andI had a great time last year. my daughter is leaveing for school in Fla. the end of Aug. so thats killing me money wise. But I hope I can make it.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Delorean
Approved Member

Post by Delorean »

hey guys

the website is looking pretty cool, past results would be awesome, especially with what cars each driver was running, its been hard work trying to find out who was driving what car in the past meetings :D

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Thanks man. I have been working on that part in my free time which hasn't been much lately but I want to get that stuff up soon hopefully. I also have some plans for a media page for youtube videos and some other goodies to keep the site full of stuff to look at, just a matter of time to get it all together. If anyone has any other suggestions for things they'd like to see on the site let me know. I'd love to get everyone's feedback!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

I know there was full video for 2010 and 2011 races, but I have never seen them. It would be great if you could post those.