Lexan molding tips and things

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Re: Lexan molding tips and things

Post by SoloGraphix »

NP Dr. Rob. It looks like this...

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Thanks again SoloGraphix! 8)

BTW can anyone tell me how the clutch would work in a car like this? Apparently this is the crucial item in this model and if it is shot or missing then there is no point even bothering on a restore as parts are non-existant for this car.

I was assuming it was a simple centrigugal clutch and when a certain rpm was reached it engaged fully and allowed forward motion. This i assumed was in the Alloy cone on top of the motor where a prop would sit if it was a plane (I hope you know what I am reffering to) please bear with me as I have no manual or experience with this sort of car.

However yesterday I took another look at it ostensibly to make a note of the motor to start searching for a replacmement or new pipe. On checking it out I noticed that one of the control rods to the rear actuates a wire clip (???) under the black belt cog furthest inboard of the motor and that alloy cone. this doesn't seem to attach to or do anything so I need to confirm this isn't the clutch before I go much further.

Cheers for any insight you can give.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

The cone on the motor is attached directly to the cranshaft to facilitate starting with an electric cone starter.

Under the cone is the pulley/clutch bell, inside of which should be probably two or three centrifugal clutch shoes which in turn are attached via pins (presumably) to the flywheel which is attached to the crankshaft also. If you turn the rear wheels the belt and pulley should move, the crankshaft will remain stationary. Turning the cone should move the crankshaft, but not the pulley. This assumes the clutch bell bearings (or bushings) are not frozen or gummed up.

Fairly simple once you get down to it. I would guess that the clutch shoes are the difficult to find item.

The rod may actuate the throttle and brake.

Let's have some close up pics when you get a chance.