"what is the nature of the hobby"

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

Re: "what is the nature of the hobby"

Post by longboardnj »

Ignorant people makes ingnorant information necessary.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

I had a post in here, guess it has been removed.
Gone fishing

Jayar
Approved Member

Post by Jayar »

Even "as is" sounds better.
I try to be as honest as i can when I list something and my prices are usually lower than most.
Usually Im just trying to soften the blow of an item that i'm going to buy.
For example I soon will be selling the stock battery out of the slash that i should be recieving today, and the monies from that will go towards a expensive lipo and i will list it lower than everyone else.
I know there are people out there that will still complain so i keep a copy of the listing and pictures of the item and copies of all communications just in case.
Knock on wood I have yet to get any complaints but i know it's inevitable .
When I do i will stand on my reputation and if EBay doesn’t support me then I will move on.
I know there's a big difference between me and the guy or gal trying to feed their kids and just trying to survive in this economy and I tip my hat to you.
J.R.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

"As is" is a totally understandable, non-confusing, well-known concept that anyone who's ever sold a real car will be familiar with. Nobody should have issues with the phrase "as is", provided the pictures & description honestly depict the item.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

longboardnj wrote:
Ignorant people makes ingnorant information necessary.
Ignorance is not the lack of spelling capabilities - Ignorance is lack of common sense ;-)
Gone fishing

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

DennisM wrote:I had a post in here, guess it has been removed.
Dooh... Ignorance is not being able to tell two threads from each other.
Gone fishing

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Incredible_Serious wrote:Um..... are you at all related to Thumbs???????????
EvolutionRevolution wrote:"Due to the nature of the hobby I have taken four detailed pictures, none of which show the massive damage to the right front end that I caused due to driving inebriated at 2 o'clock at night on Sunday while standing half-naked (guess which half?!?) on the roof of my truck doused in chicken blood and causing a ruckus after which my neighbours called the cops who showed up with four patrol cars and told me to step down and drop the remote, which I refused, instead driving my car over a ramp and launching it into the leading officer's head. Using the resulting confusion, my RC car and I escaped and are currently hiding in the rundown barn at 45 Grange Street. That dark red stain with pink and white little bits mixed in on the front of the truck is due to a spray can mishap, and, I must stress this, not the result of the top-speed impact with the officer's head. Please buy my evidently excellent truck at the low, low buy-it-now price of 4500 bucks.

Shipping will be by Feds Ex, at the cost of the buyer. Non-paying buyers will face charges, and so will I."
Was gonna go there myself Alex :lol:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

klavy69 wrote:
Incredible_Serious wrote:Um..... are you at all related to Thumbs???????????
EvolutionRevolution wrote:"Due to the nature of the hobby I have taken four detailed pictures, none of which show the massive damage to the right front end that I caused due to driving inebriated at 2 o'clock at night on Sunday while standing half-naked (guess which half?!?) on the roof of my truck doused in chicken blood and causing a ruckus after which my neighbours called the cops who showed up with four patrol cars and told me to step down and drop the remote, which I refused, instead driving my car over a ramp and launching it into the leading officer's head. Using the resulting confusion, my RC car and I escaped and are currently hiding in the rundown barn at 45 Grange Street. That dark red stain with pink and white little bits mixed in on the front of the truck is due to a spray can mishap, and, I must stress this, not the result of the top-speed impact with the officer's head. Please buy my evidently excellent truck at the low, low buy-it-now price of 4500 bucks.

Shipping will be by Feds Ex, at the cost of the buyer. Non-paying buyers will face charges, and so will I."
Was gonna go there myself Alex :lol:

Todd
Due to the nature of the hobby I cannot answer this question positively. Nor negatively for that matter. :P

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

My biggest problem is that I'm always too honest. Every little last thing in which I feel is a negative I will mention. I've lost count how many times someone told me the item they received was way better than described. :lol:

Even my truck I just sold the guy who came to look at it said the same thing. I could never understand why someone would lie about something they're selling in which you have to physically go and look at like a vehicle. For example why say the body is rust free when in fact its not? I mean do they think you aren't going to see it when you show up? Like it will magically disappear?

I've been looking for a vehicle over the last couple of months and have gone to look at a few so far and every single time the seller was less than honest. :x

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

What ever happened to "Caveat Emptor"?? I guess that tiny bit of Latin is too difficult for anyone to comprehend (people probably don't look at the words on their paper money anymore, everyone uses payscrew anyway), so new and redundant phrases such as "due to the nature of...." must be invented.

I truly believe that disclaimers such as this are due to pandering to the lowest common demoninator and somehow you can trace it back to some legal threat or legal outcome. Another case in point is how every alcohol advertisement in the last 3-5 years now has the "please use/drink/enjoy responsibly" attached to it. Is that really necessary? Apparently it is because I mentioned this to my brother-in-law who is an attorney and he said it based in legal protection strategies from the companies using it.

Anyone ever see the movie "Idiocracy"? We're definitely headed there....

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

flipwils11 wrote:Anyone ever see the movie "Idiocracy"? We're definitely headed there....
I'll invent a better word, "Retardemocracy". The population of people who act retarded is increasing exponentially, and some of those people ultimately end up in government positions making important decisions for the rest of us. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

it's really scary how accurate that movie may portray the not-too-distant future.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i have often thought how one could be retarded, don't you have to be tarded first in order to be re-tarded?

i've never met someone that was a straight up tarded, plenty of retards though.

did that make any sense?

maybe i'm tarded.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

jwscab wrote:it's really scary how accurate that movie may portray the not-too-distant future.
we can re-elect Obama and speed up the process :mrgreen:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

klavy69 wrote:
jwscab wrote:it's really scary how accurate that movie may portray the not-too-distant future.
we can re-elect Obama and speed up the process :mrgreen:
Retardification of the Nation! :lol: