My DS

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

My DS

Post by 1330 »

Hey guys, I've had a DS since 98 bone stock, but heavily abused. Figured after a number of years its time to refresh the old gal

Needless to say she needs tires and a bit of an upgrade in the esc/motor department lol

I really dont want to convert the DS to running regular tc tires so in a few weeks (im about to go to work for about 20 days starting sunday) im going to be picking up a spare set of HPI 9mm offset rims and some new hex's. I tried test fitting some new 9mm offset's I picked up for my TC5R on the DS and im sure you guys know that they will need to be drilled out to fit those drive shafts. Has anyone tried this yet?

The size looks relatively wide enough so I will keep you guys updated once things get rolling

Also I scored this at the hobby shop when I saw it tucked away in a corner in there basement section...

Pretty cool! Theres no decals which sucks but I also found a RC10DS decal set laying in there shop aswell (no picture yet). I figure that I can just use a cf decal sheet to cover the headlights and tails and still look relatively decent!

lpddpd
Approved Member

Re: My DS

Post by lpddpd »

Where in the world are these so called hobby shops that still have 10-15 year old bodies and and parts?!

Post by 1330 »

The one I found the ds body and decal set is Modelland up here in Calgary Canada. I couldn't believe my eyes to be honest lol

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That place has a bunch of neat old stuff, but you have to walk through the aisles sideways!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

slotcarrod wrote:, but you have to walk through the aisles sideways!
those are the best places to find hidden treasures. You get someone not wanting to search thru the stuff and it just sits...waiting to be discovered by people like us :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I have been known to frequent Model Land, I live closer to them than the north PM Hobby location.

There is a ton of stuff there that has many years on it. I am sure there are some gems waiting to be dug up.

Good luck with the work on the DS. (Rod is not joking when he said you have to walk sideways down an isle)

Post by 1330 »

Yeah I even saw an rc10 buggy body kickin around... I might take some pictures next time there, the place is amazing and the old dudes are awesome and take the time to look around for ya!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I should head over there soon, been a few months since I have been.

Now that I see what is what on RC10Talk, you never know what might be lurking over there.

Post some pics of the DS when you get some progress made.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

1330 wrote:I really dont want to convert the DS to running regular tc tires so in a few weeks (im about to go to work for about 20 days starting sunday) im going to be picking up a spare set of HPI 9mm offset rims and some new hex's. I tried test fitting some new 9mm offset's I picked up for my TC5R on the DS and im sure you guys know that they will need to be drilled out to fit those drive shafts. Has anyone tried this yet?
Welcome aboard me Maytee, arrghh! Sorry, I accidentally slipped into Pirate mode there for a second. What's a Pirate's favorite restaurant? Arrrrrrrby's! :oops: :lol:

Anyway, let us know in detail how this goes. I like the look of that hardware. :D

Ok one more:
A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's steering wheel around his dic*.
Bartender says "Whats' with the ship's wheel around your dic*?".
The pirate says "Arrrgh, it's drivin' me nuts!". :mrgreen: :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken