Schumacher 1/12th cars

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher 1/12th cars

Post by DerbyDan »

paul_A wrote:I've never been at the factory myself - but come time …
but I know that there is a Lexan car "at home" - to be axact at the factory (which has moved since the days of XL and C-Car and early CATs)

and it should be very similar to this one ;-)

Yes I was lucky enough to get a tour around the factory at Tenter Rd when I was 'B' team driver in the late 90s, I'm sure given enough notice they would be happy to give anyone a quick tour around the premises. If I had been lucky enough to have pulled off the deal to own the car that V12 now owns, I would have taken it to Church Brampton.... i'm assuming 'Rudge' is the house name where the Schumacher family lived.... & possibly still do?

I was chatting to Robin Schumacher the other day at a small local club meeting, he showed us their new 1/12th on-road car (not yet realeased but signed off for production). Its aimed at the beginner/stock/Hot Rod racer - so not a full competition 12th pan car, but similar in philosiphy to the XL. I told Robin about the XL that i'd seen for sale, which he found fascinting - especially that there are enthusiasts out there interested in these very early cars!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Well I had contact with Robin when I was looking for a XL and other Schumacher parts and when waiting for an answer in the meantime this XL did show up. So they couldn´t help me but someone must have heard my desperately search for this car. :wink:
Actually wanted a XL even more than a C-Car.

paul_A

Post by paul_A »

work in progress …

Schumacher XL / C-Car / SPC

Schumacher SPC with TOJ body

… more (and better) pictures should be availabe soon ;-)

there should be a B-Car and some more detailled pictures somewhere
have fun,
paul

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

heard of the b-car and i'm keen to see one :D awesome car's there alex

paul_A

Post by paul_A »

the Schumacher B-Car was a simplified version of the C-car for club racers using a beam style front axle instead of the independant wishbones used on the C-Car

couldn't find a picture of the chassis showing the front beam axle right now – will have to take a new one some day … ;-)
have fun,
paul

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

This is the B-Car frontend used at an other car. Springs and steering parts are same as C-Car.
So you know who invented the beam frontend.
Attachments
B-Car frontend.jpg
B-Car frontend.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
B-Car frontend.jpg
B-Car frontend.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 1767 times

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

GJW wrote:nib bob :shock: trust you, show us some more stuff you have mate. i have heard about your collection :wink:

That particular car I have a Love-Hate relationship with.

I'm not much on "New in the box". I desperately want to build it. I am 100% confident I will never see another like this one, ever. Box art and box are nearly flawless. I can't bring myself to open and build it, it's like raiding a tomb. So it brings me very little pleasure. I'm deciding on what to do with it.

I'm an out of the box, hand a car to somebody so they can see it, kind of guy. The longer I own it, the more I realize that It's the wrong car for me. As a collector, it's killing me to think about the scenarios that involve me NOT owning it. *sigh* I don't know.. I suspect it's gonna end up on the 'bay sometime this year. I paid 4 figures for it. With the proceeds, I can then scrounge up some nice shelf queens so they can be admired the proper way. :) It seems like a more logical solution for my situation.

I just can't build this car, not this one, I thought I could, but I can't do it. If only the box was all smashed and water stained and ripped up like the rest of them seem to be, would make the decision easier. Worldwide, how many could there possibly be like this one? It's just to rare...

Now I'm bummed out again, I want to build it.... ...lol... and so goes the on-going internal battle of "build it" or "don't build it".

It really needs to be in the hands of a NIB type of collector, to be truly appreciated for what it is. Plus, if I were to eventually part with it, I could prove to my wife I'm not a hoarder (I'm sure a few of you qualify as well), and that it is indeed possible to part with my little friends now and then. :wink:
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

paul_A

Post by paul_A »

I can understand your situation – partly ;)

I am no NIB collector too – I had driven most of my cars at least once

on the other hand it is really a very rare example of a fine car – even if the box must be considered quite simple (no, I consider simplicity very positive!)

I would say: making your wife happy (by giving away one love–hate car) AND getting money for some other additions to your collection is a good "compromise" :)
have fun,
paul

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

I´m happy I got my Schumacher 1/12th cars as used, so I don´t have to think about it for giving away again for this reason. :mrgreen:

But again I didn´t buy very much cars as NIB now. Maybe the most important cars to me (Delta) I got a NIB Phaser first version and of course did built this as you can see as a project here at the forum. It´s just too nice and rare for keeping just in the box. There are just three other cars as NIB here what have to wait for their time, but for sure they also won´t go away.