834B Wing Buttons

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Wild27
Approved Member

834B Wing Buttons

Post by Wild27 »

Hello,

I have given up trying to find 834b wing buttons and am now going to have a set made. Could anybody who owns a Yokomo 834B be kind enough to provide me with the measurements in mm and some close up pics so I can have them machined? I know they take a 3x5 mm screw. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

xxxmain
Approved Member

Re: 834B Wing Buttons

Post by xxxmain »

I'd be interested in a set of these as well if you can get more sets made??

Thanks, Jeff

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Here's some photos, measurements are 8mm dia., depth or thickness is 6mm, the wire is 1/16" and there is a small rubber o-ring. Please be patient Photobucket has been real slow lately. Hope this helps.

This is all very interesting!

Wild27
Approved Member

Post by Wild27 »

a01butal,

Wow! Wow thank you so much for doing this. I can finally finish this part of the project and move on to the next...

xxxmain,

Email me and I will see if I can help you out...

xxxmain
Approved Member

Post by xxxmain »

Now I'm confused... as I thought the 834 ones were the same (less the anodizing) as the WCS version that have been hovering around this forum??
Attachments
DSC_1107.JPG

Wild27
Approved Member

Post by Wild27 »

xxxmain

I could be wrong but I believe the ones that you have are the later model wing buttons...every photo I have ever seen of the early 834b have the same buttons that a01butal posted earlier today. Thanks again a01butal !

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

The ones I pictured above came on my original 834B and I'm pretty sure they are the ones that came in the kit when first built, I have a second set now on my RPS SE that came out of a nip kit and they are the same as these. I've got a set of those gold anodized ones and they came out of a Yok nip kit that had a ZC-107H part #. The early wing holder came out of a kit #ZB-50M.

xxxmain
Approved Member

Post by xxxmain »

Wow, I've been looking for the wrong wing buttons all along! I thought I was looking for the gold ones (which I would have stripped the anodizing off of) for my '89 Masami Yokomo but when I look at the pic again I think I am looking for the original 834 ones as pictured above. MAN!!! I would have paid a bunch of money for gold ones which would have been the wrong ones!!! Thanks a bunch for the info and the pics of the original 834 silver buttons.

Have a look at this semi crappy pic and let me know everyones thoughts.... these are the silver ones correct?? I guess the flange at the top is the o-ring which maybe why I thought I needed the gold ones with a step.
Attachments
wing-buttons.jpg
wing-buttons.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
wing-buttons.jpg
wing-buttons.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Interesting, as those (the ones with the o-rings) look just like the Schumacher ones that came with the XL and XLS versions from that same time period...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Jeff, all Masami's cars that I have noticed have had the ZD-107H in gold (albeit sometimes lighter)

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

Jay Dub wrote:Interesting, as those (the ones with the o-rings) look just like the Schumacher ones that came with the XL and XLS versions from that same time period...
cat ones have the raised top in which the oring's go over, 834b are flat and a rubber washer goes in between the wing.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Jeff, all Masami's cars that I have noticed have had the ZD-107H in gold (albeit sometimes lighter)
Reggie, those gold wing buttons you got did they have a ZD or ZC part number? I got ZC-107H out of the YZ-10 catalog so just wondered if you really had a different number prefix.

found this picture from your Masami WCS build

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Ah! Sorry for the confusion :oops: you are correct. It seemed that all the WCS parts were ZD prefix

xxxmain
Approved Member

Post by xxxmain »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Jeff, all Masami's cars that I have noticed have had the ZD-107H in gold (albeit sometimes lighter)
Hey Reggie, that is what I thought but look at the Masami pic I posted above - doesn't it look like the buttons are the fatter silver ones rather than the thin gold ones that you have on your WCS build??

Wild27
Approved Member

Post by Wild27 »

xxxmain wrote:
Hey Reggie, that is what I thought but look at the Masami pic I posted above - doesn't it look like the buttons are the fatter silver ones rather than the thin gold ones that you have on your WCS build??

Yeah I would say they are the older silver wing buttons. Unless masami created some special custom buttons on his own.....