BIN LADEN DEAD, the world celebrates

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Alex B
Approved Member

Re: BIN LADEN DEAD, the world celebrates

Post by Alex B »

Guys, Bin Laden is/was a lightweight. The real terrorists are your untouchable Bankers, doing Gods work??? and the idiot Ben Bernanke in charge of the FED, who's sole purpose in life is to destroy the value of the $ and crush the American middle classes.
:shock:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

waterboarding works. :mrgreen:

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I think the post was in regards to me. Again, been in the military for over 10 years so anyone can try to question where I stand. The coverage of the wars have been fading. It's not too mainstream news anymore. But to be honest, what percent of those "kids" are there for patriotic reasons? Most were probably under 10 when it happened. So to see these kids celebrating is awesome but I think some don't understand it completely. Pretty much just like Memorial Day and Veterans Day....just another get drunk holiday these days. And that's where I stand...the guy in uniform that has deployed once for OEF and twice for OIF. Also, would like to appreciate this day with all foreign allies as I've personally seen and served with many allied forces. It's not just a small victory for the US.

uofmhockey
Approved Member

Post by uofmhockey »

Johnboy72 Thank you for your service to our great country. Also a big shout out of thanks to all the men and women that serve our country and all our allies who keep us all safe. May God bless you all.
Johnboy72 wrote:I think the post was in regards to me. Again, been in the military for over 10 years so anyone can try to question where I stand. The coverage of the wars have been fading. It's not too mainstream news anymore. But to be honest, what percent of those "kids" are there for patriotic reasons? Most were probably under 10 when it happened. So to see these kids celebrating is awesome but I think some don't understand it completely. Pretty much just like Memorial Day and Veterans Day....just another get drunk holiday these days. And that's where I stand...the guy in uniform that has deployed once for OEF and twice for OIF. Also, would like to appreciate this day with all foreign allies as I've personally seen and served with many allied forces. It's not just a small victory for the US.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Very well said Darryn.

They were celebrating in NYC too, and I don't think it was college students. I admit I had a few beers at home by myself last night. I talked with a few close friends about it over the phone. It was a great night and a great victory for civilized people around the world.

seasaw75, what are you talking about? Osama bin Laden was hardly a lightweight. He changed the world. We can be reminded every time we go through airport security. Directing airliners to fly into skyscrapers and the Pentagon is hardly the work of a lightweight. It was one of the most brilliant military actions in modern history. I'm not saying that as a compliment, but rather stating it for what it was. Yes, bankers and the Fed are evil for the most part, but their goal in life is not to kill you and me. That's what Osama's goal was. It has been a while since he's been a real threat to us, but that's just because he made himself the most wanted man on Earth. It is a great victory, the greatest symbol of Islamofascist terror has been defeated. He is not a god, he is a man, a very dead man.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

As a Canadian, I felt a somber relief that an evil, twisted man finally met his end. It's like reading the end of a long, terrible chapter. At first I could understand the rejoicing of the American people after hearing the news. But when I saw the cheering--and in particular some guy hoisting his beer-clutching girlfriend onto his shoulders--something just seemed wrong.

I'm sure the Islamist extremists cheered when those planes hit the Twin Towers, too. If anything, I found the similarity disheartening.

As far as Bin Laden goes, I hope he rots in hell.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Coelacanth wrote: I'm sure the Islamist extremists cheered when those planes hit the Twin Towers, too. If anything, I found the similarity disheartening.
Islamist extremists cheering at the death of innocent people.
Innocent people cheering at the death of a mass murderer.

Where's the similarity? :?

When I heard the news, I cheered; LOUDLY!!!!

....because I know it will prevent the deaths of more innocent people. :)
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Jedi Master wrote:

Exactly. We're not talking about cheering the death of another human here. This man was the boogie man. I hesitate to use the word evil, but it there is such a thing as evil, he was it. Our grandparents celebrated on V-E day as well as the day Hitler was killed, which was also announced on May 1.

We gave him full Islamic burial rites, as we should have. If that doesn't separate us from them, I don't know what does. We killed him and buried him with dignity. The ultimate victory.

A dragon has been slain. It's okay to be happy.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Jedi Master wrote:
Coelacanth wrote: I'm sure the Islamist extremists cheered when those planes hit the Twin Towers, too. If anything, I found the similarity disheartening.

Good point...I guess I just feel that cheering anyone's death as if it's party-time is somehow wrong. Feeling good & relieved about it, sure...but having a drunken street-party? Oh well...

EDIT: I also agree with MelvinsArmy's point about the burial-at-sea having more dignity than what you'd see from the Islamist extremists. But is the aforementioned drunken cheering showing similar dignity? :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Marc, I understand where you're coming from. Last night I was feeling a bit weird about being happy about someone's death. I had a very strong emotional reaction, my body was actually shaking for most of the night. I was in Manhattan on 9/11 and witnessed the attack with my naked eyes, not through television. Last night was strange and unexpected, actually from an emotional point of view it was a bit like 9/11 believe it or not. Crazy excitement, the world is changing, you're not sure what to do. I think it's perfectly healthy to celebrate something like this. Like I said, at first I was feeling strange about feeling good, but I just did. The more I thought about it, I accepted the joy I was feeling, it is okay when the bad guy is killed. It's like a weight has been lifted. An evil flame had been extinguished. Justice had been served. All of that.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Coelacanth wrote:
Jedi Master wrote:

Good point...I guess I just feel that cheering anyone's death as if it's party-time is somehow wrong. Feeling good & relieved about it, sure...but having a drunken street-party? Oh well...

EDIT: I also agree with MelvinsArmy's point about the burial-at-sea having more dignity than what you'd see from the Islamist extremists. But is the aforementioned drunken cheering showing similar dignity? :?

I hear your point, and 99.9% of me agree's. I cannot speak for others, but my cheers are for the lives that his death will save. For the people who needed to feel that the killer of their loved ones didn't 'get away with it'. For the message it sends to those who think that terrorism has a place in our world, and that their religion justifies it. For the people who didn't understand, but now will when they ask the question of the rest of us.

For the people who had the strength to take the action against him, and his followers, but risked judgement from the inncocents that they were trying to protect.

Death is not something to celebrate, but the end of a tyrant is a good enough reason to party in my book! :|
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

At least everyone with any sense of humanity can agree that the world is finally rid of yet another disease-spreading rat and hopefully a better place because of it.

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

Eau Rouge wrote:They are cheering because of the need for closure.
They are cheering for the people who lost their lives in 9/11.
They are cheering for our country finally doing what needed to be done.
They are cheering for standing up to a bully.
They are cheering for not giving in to fear.

They are cheering because we can be proud to be Americans this morning.

Bin Laden lived to destroy the way of life of the Western civilized world. He wanted ALL of us dead. He hated everything every single one of us stands for. This view has FINALLY been rejected buy the United States, and there is one less evil person in the world today.

THAT is why they are cheering in the towns across the country, singing the National Anthem and wearing our flag with pride in the streets of this country. Don't ever question anyone's patriotism for their own country.
You said it man, X2, I think alot of the victims families (from 9/11) are also cheering in the streets right now.
God bless SEAL team 6 for making the world a better place--One dead terrorist at a time :twisted:

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

ER and MA, you guys are right-on.

The world is a better place now, if that isn't a good enough reason to celebrate I don't know what is.

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

I just pray for those deployed currently...maybe that's why I'm not so keen on celebrating because I know what can become of this recent development. However, I think we are all in agreements that we have one less @hole on the planet!