Hutch BMX maybe back!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Hutch BMX maybe back!

Post by Lowgear »

Lowgear wrote:The only nice bike I've ever owned was a Haro I got in the early 90's as a birthday present. I forget what group number it was. I put many miles on it until I sold it in favor of a drivers license. Looking back I wish I hadn't... Ah well.
After some googling I came across the bike I had.

1994 Haro Group 1 Si

First time seeing it again in about 17 years. :D :D

tony13b
Approved Member

Post by tony13b »

:shock: I can't believe it man those chin days I got stitches on one my chin cause of those bear trap peddles, man I had red lines,SE racing PK ripper,quad angel,assassin,auburn,GT,hutch trick star,TnT,skyway the nicest and the last one I had was my ZeroNine man everywhere I went with that bike everybody had to do with it, it was pearl white with the ZeroNine colorful sticker, I remember it was all DK out, 48 Spock wamen tubeless rims,red line 180mm 3 piece crank with red line 45 tooth star man I would love to get that bike back I traded for a set of wheels and tire for my car, wow memory lane....
ebay-ee002801c

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

fastang wrote: Haro Group 1 RS1, RS2, or RS3. RS1's were the top of the line race bike back then. I had a RS3 for a few months but it got stolen. I replaced it with the sport I recently restored and showed pics of a couple months back.
It was definitely a Group 1 of some description, but since I got it as a Frame and Fork, I can't figure out which one it was. I do know that it was chrome and had the decals with the baby blue in it, but no paint at the front of the frame like I see in a lot of the google results. When I sold the bike it had Elf 6 piece blast bars, Answer Pro Shox, and Araya 7x's with sealed hubs, I miss it for sure. Thanks for the info.

I probably had 3 thrusters throughout my lifetime that I kick myself in the rear for selling or trading off, the only bike I still have from my racing days is the last one I raced in 97-98, a Mongoose Solution. It was the lightest bike I had ever rode up to that point and I did extremely well with it. Once I got my license I raced maybe 3 more times and then proceeded to get old (lol i am only 30 now), fat and lazy...

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

If the top tube had a bend near the seat post tube is was a later model, not a RS1, 2, or 3. Check out BMXmuesum.com and search the Haro section. You should be able to find more info on your frame. You can also decode the serial # which might help.

wiremonkey73
Approved Member

Post by wiremonkey73 »

Makes me miss my old GT pro performer. I still have my Hoffman Condor its in resto limbo while I decide if i wanna keep it or go on to another and try for another GT but GTs are expensive for how many are out there
If you drive a prius you arent saving the enviroment!!!!!!!!!!!!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I'd suggest keeping the Hoffman, if it was yours since new. If you sell it, you might really regret it a couple years down the road. GTs have gone up in price considerably in the past few years, but they are still pretty reasonable compared to other less common brands. I could buy a complete 1980s GT Performer on ebay for what I paid for the JMC FAB handle bars on my JMC 24.

wiremonkey73
Approved Member

Post by wiremonkey73 »

Im not super attached to it cuz I found out its a taiwanese made frame. And its the first year condor frames were made there. If someone has an 85 late build 86 model performer frame they wanna trade im game. preferably chrome I just never really liked the way the Hoffman rides
If you drive a prius you arent saving the enviroment!!!!!!!!!!!!