1.95 rpm stealth tranny?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikedealer
Approved Member

1.95 rpm stealth tranny?

Post by mikedealer »

what was this used for there? i picked that one on ebay recently and was wondering what that ratio was used for

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

the 1.95 tranny was used mainly for big oval tracks and is white. they also made a 2.65 conversion for trucks and small oval tracks that one is grey. i think they still make the 2.65 tranny it is still on their website.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

wyldbill wrote:the 1.95 tranny was used mainly for big oval tracks and is white. they also made a 2.65 conversion for trucks and small oval tracks that one is grey. i think they still make the 2.65 tranny it is still on their website.
ya got them switched around. :wink:

it's actually a 1.96 ratio, and they were gray. the 2.65 ratio case is white.

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

yeah i realized that when i looked at the one i have.

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

im probably going to sell this one i just bought lol, i wanted to mount it on my black RPM car only to discover i would have to butcher the rear arm mounts to make the larger tranny style fit, its snugged for the stealth case tight, oh well, i paid $50 for it so it wasnt too bad lol

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

mikedealer wrote:im probably going to sell this one i just bought lol, i wanted to mount it on my black RPM car only to discover i would have to butcher the rear arm mounts to make the larger tranny style fit, its snugged for the stealth case tight, oh well, i paid $50 for it so it wasnt too bad lol
Don't you always have to do some cutting to fit the RPM tranny on the RPM car? I am sure scr8p wrote a how to when he built his, I am not sure where the thread is though...

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Whiskers
Approved Member

Post by Whiskers »

mikedealer wrote:im probably going to sell this one i just bought lol, i wanted to mount it on my black RPM car only to discover i would have to butcher the rear arm mounts to make the larger tranny style fit, its snugged for the stealth case tight, oh well, i paid $50 for it so it wasnt too bad lol
I haven't posted here in quite a bit.

BUT! You don't have to totally destroy the case to get it to fit. I have a 2.65 conversion in my RPM car. Yes, you have to take some off the arm mounts, and some off the Trans case, but not as radical as some think. Maybe I'll take my runner apart and get some pics if I'm bored some time.

Use some common sense, and only remove as much as is needed. Kinda like the grinding that had to be done on the Kyosho Lazer front arms to get it to turn.
"See, that's what you outlanders don't understand. Life is for enjoying, not just getting and working, and getting and working."

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Whiskers wrote:You don't have to totally destroy the case to get it to fit. I have a 2.65 conversion in my RPM car. Yes, you have to take some off the arm mounts, and some off the Trans case, but not as radical as some think. Maybe I'll take my runner apart and get some pics if I'm bored some time.

Use some common sense, and only remove as much as is needed. Kinda like the grinding that had to be done on the Kyosho Lazer front arms to get it to turn.
i would guess you only look at the pictures in playboy, too. and not do any kind of reading. :roll:

2 posts under the pics that i posted in that link, i fully explain why i cut so much off of the trans. i didn't want to alter any of the suspension components. and being as though my car will never be used, it doesn't matter how open the trans case is. i'd much rather cut up a readily accessable trans case than chop up virtually impossible to find 1.5 degree worlds a-arm mounts.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Arm mounts are like gold. RPM still makes the tranny case. I would definitely cut up the case before the arm mounts. Ah well, to each his own. :)

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Should I post a big giant picture... :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

templeofspeed wrote:Should I post a big giant picture... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Whiskers
Approved Member

Post by Whiskers »

scr8p wrote:
Whiskers wrote:You don't have to totally destroy the case to get it to fit. I have a 2.65 conversion in my RPM car. Yes, you have to take some off the arm mounts, and some off the Trans case, but not as radical as some think. Maybe I'll take my runner apart and get some pics if I'm bored some time.

i would guess you only look at the pictures in playboy, too. and not do any kind of reading. :roll:

2 posts under the pics that i posted in that link, i fully explain why i cut so much off of the trans. i didn't want to alter any of the suspension components. and being as though my car will never be used, it doesn't matter how open the trans case is. i'd much rather cut up a readily accessable trans case than chop up virtually impossible to find 1.5 degree worlds a-arm mounts.
Whatever!! I haven't walked a mile in your shoes, and you sure don't have the blisters from walking in mine.

HOOPTY! Boot me and save me from this!! I'm done with this, Y'all have no idea what it's really about other than hording everything you can.

P.S. How long do you think they are going to keep those cases on the market!!!!!!!!!!!! Knowing RPM, and their love of the new stuff not long!!!!!!!!!!! Reap your crops while you can, the whirlwind is coming.

P.S.S. You talk about hacking stuff. Maybe, the thought is you only remove what is needed like I said. If you have an ingrown toe-nail, do you cut the whole toe off? Nope, you cut only what is needed. I'm sorry you are such a hothead and couldn't wait for my pics.
"See, that's what you outlanders don't understand. Life is for enjoying, not just getting and working, and getting and working."

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Relax. No need for the book of revelation's fire and brimstone. Post your pics. Let's see what you got. :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

so, did i do it right this time?

you know, the little hissy fits you throw everytime someone says something you don't like is getting kinda old. i'll be the first to admit that you were right, though. i took my time on this one, and didn't need to remove as much material as i did on the other one.

also, i have plenty of common sense. i simply choose not to use it. :wink:
Attachments
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG (119.04 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG (119.04 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG (115.34 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG (115.34 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG (119.34 KiB) Viewed 1550 times