Who has raced a Samurai back in the 80"s ??????

The place for all things Marui.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Who has raced a Samurai back in the 80"s ??????

Post by Mad Racer »

I have just finished striping and cleaning my latest addition to my vintage collection and now only realized what a good racing weapon it would have been. It,s so light with a very low parts count. Ultra light to really get the most out of any motor. On top of it's light weight it has 3 diffs. Very light space frame, Trailing rear arms . On the instruction book in bold letters it states Extreamly light weight comp buggy. 1030g fully equiped .

To me it reminds me of what i wanted to do back in the 80's which is a 4wd FROG. Chassis is the same concept. Rear arms are the same concept. Very low rotating Mas Diffs and out drives.The torsion bar front end is unique .

I remember seeing one when a guy who worked at the hobby shop raced one once to show how good they are., with a Le Mans 240s (19t single) which was just so fast and got run time with 1200mah batteries.. Now we raced for 6 min NOT 5 with 4wd mod back than. The only buggys that went really well on our 8th scale size track was a 2 speed single belt PB Mini Mustang. I was running a Turbo Optima with a 480 range motor and later a Technigold.

So who else can tell me what this Lethal Samurai was capable off.?????
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: Who has raced a Samurai back in the 80"s ??????

Post by Bormac »

Mark I ran my Samurai in the Open class (fitted with a Tamiya Sports Tuned) as my Bosscat with 5.5 was just too much car for me then. To my suprise I found the Samurai to be a very balanced weapon which not only drove very predictablt but also had a good turn of speed.
To this day i have never had a Sports Tuned motor last as ong before burning up the comm.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980