10t Graphite shock mounts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Caine
Approved Member

10t Graphite shock mounts

Post by Caine »

Building a bit of an oddball runner at the moment using a rpm gt rear bulkhead and shock mount instead of the stock ones. The back ends gone together well and just have to make a tranny brace. I was wondering if there were associated graphite shock mounts that will fit front and rear or is it just a better idea to order a 10t front and gt rear from fyberlyte? As i see you can get them but are they just for the later models

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: 10t Graphite shock mounts

Post by Charlie don't surf »

AE did make a plain black carbon fiber front and rear shock towers for the 10t, but I have only ever found the rears-

Caine
Approved Member

Post by Caine »

Thanks:) i'd seen a rear to go on the gt mount but as i said i think the front i found was a later model (t2) i'll give fyberlyte a ring tomorrow as i want the towers the same weave and need a small piece of graphite for my tranny brace.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

The T, T2, and GT front towers are all the same design with the exception of the early T and GT units having two mounting holes for the camber links. They came in White, "Back Composite" (G-10 I think), and woven carbon. GT rear towers also came in the same three materials, but the earlier white ones were a slightly different "narrow" design. The old white ones are still compatible with newer trucks, and the newer towers are compatible with older trucks if you trim them down into the "narrow" version. In other words, you should be able to make a matching set, using a GT rear, in any of the original materials.

Caine
Approved Member

Post by Caine »

Cheers for the info, i've kinda changed my mind about the whole thing thou i'm not happy about the strength of the rear end with out the bulkhead being attached to the side of the tub so i've found a basket case with black nylon and shock mounts which will do for the mo until i get my graphite ones from fiberlyte.