TSA Regulations

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mazdaj
Approved Member

TSA Regulations

Post by Mazdaj »

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, so I'll open the can of worms. What is everybodies opinion (for those of us in the US who it affects) of the TSA regulations regarding airport security? To me, I don't have a problem with the scanner or pat-down, but some of the stories coming out do borderline on invasion of privacy. Any thoughts?

Kayne
Approved Member

Re: TSA Regulations

Post by Kayne »

It's not too bad if you don't mind some strange dude gropping your junk. :shock: But seriously whats next full strip down and cavity search. Just so they can say they are keeping us safe.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

I would rather get felt up than blown up :mrgreen:

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

shane wrote:I would rather get felt up than blown up :mrgreen:
Exactly! Awww...boo hoo, someone touched my bum while searching for bombs to prevent another terrorist attack. Get over it. :roll:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

LTO_Dave wrote:
shane wrote:I would rather get felt up than blown up :mrgreen:
Exactly! Awww...boo hoo, someone touched my bum while searching for bombs to prevent another terrorist attack. Get over it. :roll:
I read an interesting article about the new tsa regulations. The author made a great point that if a terrorist wants to kill a couple hundred people, he doesn't even need to get near a plane. All he has to do is walk into a busy airport terminal where a few hundred people are standing in line to get screened by security and detonate himself. This new tsa thing is a smoke show to make us feel safe. It doesn't actually make us any safer.

[youtube]q3yaqq9Jjb4[/youtube]

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

A terrorist could also visit a crowded shopping mall, bus terminal, apartment complex, warehouse, etc. where there is no security screening at all and kill hundreds of innocent people. Any additional security measure is a step in the right direction.

I would be more concerned if I actually flew on planes. :wink:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

How about instead of added security measures and taking away the rights of citizens in our supposedly free society, we just pull our military out of the middle east and leave everyone alone for once? As long as we keep fighting unprovoked wars of aggression we will never be safe, no matter how much security we have. :idea:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

MelvinsArmy wrote:How about instead of added security measures and taking away the rights of citizens in our supposedly free society, we just pull our military out of the middle east and leave everyone alone for once? As long as we keep fighting unprovoked wars of aggression we will never be safe, no matter how much security we have. :idea:
Initially, I would disagree with you-but at this point we need to go ahead and put it to bed.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:How about instead of added security measures and taking away the rights of citizens in our supposedly free society, we just pull our military out of the middle east and leave everyone alone for once? As long as we keep fighting unprovoked wars of aggression we will never be safe, no matter how much security we have. :idea:
Initially, I would disagree with you-but at this point we need to go ahead and put it to bed.
Why and why?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I think that when we were attacked by Islamic Extremists, we needed to respond in a very strong way ( like you would to a bully in grade school ) otherwise you get hit harder the next go round-aside from the possibility of a US cover-up and possibilities of a "false flag" operation on 9/11
every action requires a reaction, so I stand by the Operations carried out. Now, for all the guys that I know that did and did not make it back, we have been there way to long-

"Hey, can you help us out? All our roads are F%&('ed up, are infrastructure and economy are destroyed, and we can't feed ourselves" Yeah, that's what we wanted to do to you, that's why it's called a war- ( Sam Kinison )

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

MelvinsArmy wrote:pull our military out of the middle east and leave everyone alone for once?
This type of isolationist view allowed Hitler to proliferate back in the late 30's and early 40's. I don't think we wanted to allow a loose cannon to operate especially in a region where oil is so valuable.

As for nation building, I say take it or leave it. If the locals don't show signs of recovery with our help like in Afghanistan, then screw them and get out.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

What allowed Hitler to proliferate back in the 30s and 40s was the greatest military machine in history. That analogy is irrelevant anyway, comparing what happened in the 30s and 40s to what's happening now is apples and oranges.

Propping up dictators in the middle east is the reason why we're in the situation we're in now. It is why we are hated and why we are constantly under threat. I can't turn on the radio without hearing a Port Authority "if you see something, say something" ad and I can't get on the subway without hearing a "if you see a suspicious package or activity on a bus or in a subway, don't keep it to yourself...." I don't know where everyone here lives, but in NYC there is always a constant reminder that some asshole is about to blow you up. Hear those messages and see the news for about 9 years of your life and you might get tired of it and think maybe it's time we changed a few things about the way we rule the world.

I can't believe in your response you say the we don't want a loose canon in control of these countries, and in the same breath say it's okay to invade a country, overthrow the government and get out without doing any nation building. That's a contradiction. If you don't want a loose canon then you take responsibility for your actions and rebuild the infrastructure and government you just destroyed. Otherwise the strongest warlord becomes the boss.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I think that when we were attacked by Islamic Extremists, we needed to respond in a very strong way ( like you would to a bully in grade school ) otherwise you get hit harder the next go round-aside from the possibility of a US cover-up and possibilities of a "false flag" operation on 9/11
every action requires a reaction, so I stand by the Operations carried out. Now, for all the guys that I know that did and did not make it back, we have been there way to long-

"Hey, can you help us out? All our roads are F%&('ed up, are infrastructure and economy are destroyed, and we can't feed ourselves" Yeah, that's what we wanted to do to you, that's why it's called a war- ( Sam Kinison )
I pretty much agree with most of this. However, Iraq had nothing to do with us getting hit on 9/11. If you want to talk about a false flag operation, don't you think it would have been much, much easier for the Bush admin to plant a nuclear weapon in Iraq and go to war on those grounds rather than to kill 3 thousand people in NY with airplanes?

Sam Kinison is funny, but he's a comedian. We helped rebuild Europe and Japan after WW2. It is in our interests not to let the defeated enemy rot to death after the war.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

:lol: I mean... :shock:
Attachments
XNCiU.jpg

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

I saw a picture in the paper getting one of these "pat downs" and he was fondling this guys package. I mean come on I'm all for keeping people safe but I think a metal detector could find some kind of wiring or batteries in that area with having to get violated.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!