RC10T Bulkhead

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

peetbee
Approved Member

Re: RC10T Bulkhead

Post by peetbee »

So could you use the GT suspension mounts if you used a washer to restore the antisquat?

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Snorman70 wrote:These are stated to be 3 degree mounts. Do you think they will work?

These do work, I have them on my rc10 pan runner, and the gold ones being referred to are made by Atlas on here, they work too.

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

vintage AE wrote:
Snorman70 wrote:These are stated to be 3 degree mounts. Do you think they will work?

These do work, I have them on my rc10 pan runner, and the gold ones being referred to are made by Atlas on here, they work too.

Will they work without the washer? Will the squat be adequate enough?

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I haven't had the car to the track to notice the difference yet. I'm also not as experienced as many of the others on here too. All I can say at this point is the they fit without any problems. Wish I could be more helpful.

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

vintage AE wrote:I haven't had the car to the track to notice the difference yet. I'm also not as experienced as many of the others on here too. All I can say at this point is the they fit without any problems. Wish I could be more helpful.

I had not purchased them yet. But I will now. Worth a shot. I just picked up a blue annodized front bulkhead, so the rear mounts will match just fine.

Thanks for the information.

p.s. Still looking for an original non-dyed black rear RC10T bulkhead. Would be willing to trade someone for an original white one.

torrnado_firemagikk

Post by torrnado_firemagikk »

some of the parts from the rc10gt will fit the t, but most of the parts from the gt will fit the rc10t2, the rear arm mounts as far as i know(like you have pictured from everything rc) wont fit as far as i know because the holes do not lineup like they are supposed to. i have a set of those rear arm mounts and they do not line up with my wife's 10t. are you trying to go all aluminum? or with just the mounts? and remember whenever you go with something more rigid, you will break somewhere else or possibly bend and throw something else out of alignment.

torrnado_firemagikk

you can always build yourself a shelf out of either carbon fiber or thin aluminum to set your esc on so everything fits just drill the shock tower and tap the holes for either 440 or 540 screws. sorry about the other post just skipped through and seen the rear arm mounts.

torrnado_firemagikk

and yes you can use the mounts, just use a .030 shim washer and that should give you the squat you need

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

torrnado_firemagikk wrote:and yes you can use the mounts, just use a .030 shim washer and that should give you the squat you need

Got confused in your posts. Are you stating that the arms will work with modifications and the washer for needed squat, or they will work without modifications but use the washer for necessary squat?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

so tell me something..........

all of you guys that use gt arm mounts on a rc10 tub chassis, what do you do? run the screws in on angles to get them in? when I hold a gt mount up to an rc10 tub one of the holes is off half a hole. not only that, but the area of the mount that the pin goes through, that is a good 3/16" further front than an rc10 mount.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

here is a look at the set i have on my rc10 composite craft chassis, and later put on a tub chassis. I'm not home, or I would take photos :|
Attachments
DSC_0809.JPG

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

vintage AE wrote:here is a look at the set i have on my rc10 composite craft chassis, and later put on a tub chassis. I'm not home, or I would take photos :|
are those zero degree? reason i ask is because you have them on backwards. if they're zero's, it really doesn't matter. but what it does, the way you have them, it throws the rear arms about an 1/8" further back then a "correct" mount in it's long wheelbase position.

all i'm trying to say is that no matter how you mount them on the chassis......... which still boggles my mind since i've never seen "both" holes on a gt mount line up to a rc10/10t chassis, it's either too far front or too far back.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

now that I think about it there is an issue with the holes. It's hard for me to get a visual because it's not in front of me. When I took them off that buggy and onto the other one I seem to remember that the alignment of the hole were slightly off and I split the difference when I tightened each screw :lol: . Maybe I should ditch those mounts and go back to the plastic ones. Sorry, for the misleading info. The Atlas ones line up with no issues, I just checked.

That could explain this photo
DSCN1325.JPG
DSCN1325.JPG (30.68 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
DSCN1325.JPG
DSCN1325.JPG (30.68 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

Snorman70
Approved Member

Post by Snorman70 »

Glad I saved my money then.

dualstroke

Post by dualstroke »

I have been looking for a set of rear suspension mounts in aluminum or stock plastic and have had no luck.I was wondering if the gt's are the same and this sums it up for me.Time to keep looking.Good info,thanks guys