Alloy Servo Saver Assembly and Front Bulkheads?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mikedealer
Approved Member

Alloy Servo Saver Assembly and Front Bulkheads?

Post by mikedealer »

well after putting all my parts together, ordering what i need, researching similiar B4 parts to put on my classic car, i would like to find a servo saver steering assembly in alloy. I would also like to find a alloy front bulkhead set. Anyone have one? anyone could machine one?

So far i figured that the front caster blocks/steering arms from a b4 would fit, the rear hub assemblies would work from a b4 also, and i talk to someone on the boards here who can make the rear arm mounts/front/rear arms for me.

Also i have a question on the stealth tranny.

I have a original stealth, is there a alloy case that would fit it? would the b4 one work or has it changed too much over the years?

Sorry for all the questions lol, trying to consolidate in one post and my head keeps spewing things i want to get lol

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

its been discussed here that the b4 components wont swap over to b1 arms quite that easy. i think i remember something about the hingepin diameter on the newer rc10s being smaller than the old ones. so if you are getting custom arms made, you might want to measure the hingepins on the b4 stuff and get the arms made to that spec.

however, you can use rc10gt (pre-gt2) stuff like the steering knuckles, c-hubs, and carriers with b1 arms. my tuber10 uses those.

for the alloy servo saver, just about your only option is an old set of losi alloy bellcranks, which rely on the more updated servo mounted servo saver design. there is also the steering from the rc10gt rtr's that you can get in aluminim. sassy chassy made aluminum bellcranks as well but they pretty much suck.

i dont know of anybody who offers up alum front a-arm mounts. i do know of one guy who has made them in the past for his own rigs, but i severely doubt he would custom make a set unless you wanted to get like 200 sets made.

i dunno about alum stealth cases, for some reason i think i've seen one before on ebay but i dont know if it was a custom job or something made back in the day by a long-gone company. the b4 uses the bigger rc10gt diff, so the guts dont just transfer over that easy.

if you check out alex's (inetrc) sprintcar, he uses a b4 tranny in a b1 chassis with slight mods. it kinda jacks the tranny up a little too high imo. i think it was his sprintcar that has the b4 tranny, you might have to hunt around and check out his fleet. he's also the dude who made himself the alloy front bulkheads.

fyi, i've been known to be wrong on occassion, i fried my brain when i was younger and dont quite remember like i should. :?

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

ya i took the hingepins into account and did a test drill press to make sure i could make them fit and they took pretty well.

good to know GT stuff works with "b1" parts etc.