Stuff to Check Out in LA?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Went to Apelan Hobbies a couple block north of LAX and nothing.... it was in walking distance. Have not seen the famed IN and OUT Burger.

b0x
Approved Member

Post by b0x »

Its very close, that was my first stop off the plane.

http://www.in-n-out.com/location_details.asp?id=117

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

LOL. I walked right past it (down Sepulveda) and did not even notice it. I go back tomorrow. It is about a 10-15 min walk from the Hilton.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Well, my time in LA is all but over. I was able to get out and about today.

Carloco8, Checked out Pegasus and Ultimate. Nice places, not much in terms of old parts. The biggest disappointment was, Andy was not at Pegasus. I would have loved to chitchat with him. I bet he is full of great info. Any chance you can put me in touch with him via email?

RichieRich, Went to both that you recommended as well. Thanks for the references.

Too many people in this neck of the woods for me... population density is one of the reasons why I leave the Metro Detroit area. Anyone else whom comes out here..... although, I was not on the road during rush hour, I didn't think that the roads/traffic was that bad. People in Detroit drive worse than LA.

Thanks guys.

Jay

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Yeah LA is one heck of a busy area for sure! Its too bad Andy wasn't there when you went, you guys probably would have talk about bodies for hours! Did you find any good rc stuff that is making its way home with you?

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i hear anymore that chicago traffic is just as bad or worse than la. i know every time ive been out there it isnt as bad as what i imagined it being.

how'd ya like in n out?

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Yeah, there are a lot of people on the West side. The weather is perfect, who wouldn't want to live there? Pegasus and Ultimate are a serious drive from LAX. That must have been fun. You hit the Inland Empire and DEEP into Orange County. Glad you were able to get out and check things out. How was In-n-Out?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Really just taking home a Kyosho Lazer ZXR body, something I thought I would never find.

Chicago traffic is definitely bad, but Chicago still is a bit spread out. Chicago would not be so bad, if they would finish all that damn construction. In LA, there are just too many people. Everywhere you go, every square inch of available real estate, down to the single squre foot, is taken up with something. I got a headache looking for LHS signs along PCH. Pegasus/Ultimate were a drive, but still not that bad. I think I went 105/605/10 there, then 57/91/55 down, around through the Long Beach area on PCH back to LAX. I really did not hit any major traffic. I went out to Pegasus at 10:00ish or so.

Tell you one thing that SUCKED, leaving LAX. Man, that airport is the worst. I was up at 3:45 this morning (Pacific), at the airport at 4:45 and there were a TON of people there. I got lucky that I found a skycap with no line AND a security line with on line. Otherwise I would have been screwed. I will keep Huntsville Int. with it's one terminal and 20 or so gates. You can keep LAX!!!!!!!

Never made it to In and Out, but it looks like I will be going back out that way in the near future. carloco8/Richie, we should meet up. I would love a proper intro to Andy, seeing that you know him.

I am beat and going to bed.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

mrlexan wrote:Never made it to In and Out, but it looks like I will be going back out that way in the near future. carloco8/Richie, we should meet up. I would love a proper intro to Andy, seeing that you know him.
Yeah, that would be great, and then we could do an old skool run on the track at pegasus :wink:

PS: there's an IN N OUT and Tommy's chili burger right next to each other five minutes from pegasus too..........

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Let us know when you're out here again. Next time, fly into Burbank or Ontario. These airports are much smaller and easier to get around than LAX. I never use LAX. It's a pain. Reminds me of when I lived in the Bay area. I always used Oakland instead of San Francisco. SF is always delayed because of fog. And that ends Rich's California travel tips for today. :lol: