Who has the best looking ride?

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Poll ended at Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:37 pm

rctenracer
50%
speedemall
No votes
scr8p
44%
tulsa
No votes
bearrickster
6%
RedScampi
No votes

Total votes: 16

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

HotRodJosh
Approved Member

Re: Who has the best looking ride?

Post by HotRodJosh »

Crap...I should visit here more often....I have a bunch of rigs I could've submitted....haha
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription.....is more cowbell."
Pinstriping by Josh

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Hmmm,

I was leaning towards voting for Vintagemishal's entry myself... It had a fantastic paint job, originality, good photos..and wasn't exactly another carbon copy box art RC10.

But I guess it didn't make the cut (?).

Wasn't there supposed to be 8 finalists? I only counted 6.

Maybe you guys should have been a little more specific on the panel's taste in R/C vehicles... :roll:

No issues here worth losing sleep over , but it kinda resembled a "Concours" competition between several friends with box stock RC10's....
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Diggley wrote:Hmmm,

I was leaning towards voting for Vintagemishal's entry myself... It had a fanatstic paint job, originality, good photos..and wasn't exactly another carbon copy box art RC10.

Maybe you guys should have been a little more specific on the panel's taste in R/C vehicles... :roll:

No issues here worth losing sleep over , but it kinda resembled a "Concours" competition between several friends with box stock RC10's....
I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm. My thoughts are before slaming theytookmythumb for not including Vintagemishal's entry, double check the other posts http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16871&p=164537#p164537 an you will see he was included. What the issue is that the software only allows 6 entries to vote for. If anything theytookmythumb should have limited the competition to the first six entries

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you know, it wouldn't be that hard to take the top car from the first poll, the top car from the second poll, and then have a separate poll for those 2 to declare the winner.

Vintagemishal
Approved Member

Post by Vintagemishal »

I was leaning towards voting for Vintagemishal's entry myself... It had a fanatstic paint job, originality, good photos..and wasn't exactly another carbon copy box art RC10.

Thanks for the vote Diggley, I appreciate it. Concourse competitions just aren't what they used to be. Back when people were really in to it, you had to have not only a great paint job, but the car had to be detailed in every way and usually included an interior. I think people just don't really care anymore? I think this shows due to the absolute lack of participation here. I actually was very excited to enter this competition, but what a let down. I do not blame Theytookmythumb at all, it was a good idea. I think that there were some great paint jobs that entered, but know that there are a whole lot more out there. Thank you to Theytookmythumb for trying to make a fun competition for all.

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

shodog wrote:

I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm. My thoughts are before slaming theytookmythumb for not including Vintagemishal's entry, double check the other posts http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16871&p=164537#p164537 an you will see he was included. What the issue is that the software only allows 6 entries to vote for. If anything theytookmythumb should have limited the competition to the first six entries
My bad,

I posted before seeing part 2.

I thought I had removed my comments...
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Thanks for the vote Diggley, I appreciate it. Concourse competitions just aren't what they used to be. Back when people were really in to it, you had to have not only a great paint job, but the car had to be detailed in every way and usually included an interior. I think people just don't really care anymore? I think this shows due to the absolute lack of participation here. I actually was very excited to enter this competition, but what a let down. I do not blame Theytookmythumb at all, it was a good idea. I think that there were some great paint jobs that entered, but know that there are a whole lot more out there. Thank you to Theytookmythumb for trying to make a fun competition for all.[/quote]

I agree, it was a good idea.

With all the members on this site, you'd think the response would have been overwhelming.
My rant was a bit mis-guided.
I didn't see the "part 2" of the posting until I had vented. I thought I had removed my comments but..

Theytookmythumb; I appoligise for the unnecessary sarcasm.

I thought your entry was a cool twist to the typical drop-a -Sand Scorcher- body on an RC10. The paint job looked great!
Projects and shelfers:

tony13b
Approved Member

Post by tony13b »

What happen to Vintagemishal sand bug...I was leaning towards voting for Vintagemishal's wasn't he included in the finalist :?: :?: :?: :?
ebay-ee002801c

Vintagemishal
Approved Member

Post by Vintagemishal »

Check Part 2 and there it is. Thanks for the vote. :)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Diggley wrote:Theytookmythumb; I appoligise for the unnecessary sarcasm.
First off, please don’t anyone ever worry about my “feelings”. If you can offend me or hurt my feelings then my hat’s off to you because it’s a pretty difficult task! Second of all, I have a terrible tendency to post before I have all the facts so no worries there. Lastly, the success(or lack thereof)has a lot to do with popularity. If a mod for instance did this same contest then it would get hundreds of responses and be an overwhelming success. Again, I don’t let this bother me in the least. I don’t care to be popular or even necessarily well received when it comes to the internet. I’m just here because, like everyone else, I love r/c and especially vintage r/c and enjoy hanging out with like-minded people. I like scr8p’s suggestion though. I can take the highest voted rides and create a single and final elimination poll. To be honest, this whole contest is based on my curiosity to use the poll question feature… :oops:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

[quote="shodog"}[ What the issue is that the software only allows 6 entries to vote for. [/quote]

i'm glad to know this because, frankly I was a bit embarrassed to have my lame attempt at paint included in the poll while other, obviously superior paint jobs were not. :oops:
Gary

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

RedScampi wrote:[quote="shodog"}[ What the issue is that the software only allows 6 entries to vote for.
i'm glad to know this because, frankly I was a bit embarrassed to have my lame attempt at paint included in the poll while other, obviously superior paint jobs were not. :oops:[/quote]

Don’t feel bad…
A.Your car looks great!
B. I started this thread just so I’d have an excuse not to enter… :oops:
Ken