Jack Johnson's prototype lxt Body

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Re: Jack Johnson's prototype lxt Body

Post by Bongo Fury »

That is one fugly body, and I have an unforgettable memory about it:

The prototype LXT debuted at the ’91 ROAR truck nationals. Our group was watching the action, new Losi driver Jay Halsey happened to be marshalling in front of us. After the heat he turns and asks what we thought of the body. Well we didn’t know what to say, after a little stammering somebody muttered that is was certainly unique or something along those lines. Jay had us and knew it, he broke out in a huge grin and said ‘well I think it looks like a piece of manure’ (well not exactly that).

Jay went on to say that they decided to do the truck just 5 weeks before the race, and in the panic to get it designed and built nobody thought of making a body. He said he went over to Andy’s (if I remember correctly) on Thursday before they left and started going through molds. Ended up grabbing a Lamborghini LM002 mold and started hacking on it until it sorta fit. Then pulled a few bodies that night.

The efforts paid off, as they won both classes. One of the Dunns won stock, Mike I think, and Jack Johnson took modified.

m_vice
Approved Member

Re: Jack Johnson's prototype lxt Body

Post by m_vice »

Good story Bonog, thanks. I remember when I saw it in RCCA I thought, WTF is that? But they I was thinking that at least it is a Lamborghini. :lol: