my latiest and greatest find AYK SHUTTLE

The place for all things AYK.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

murphy3428
Approved Member

my latiest and greatest find AYK SHUTTLE

Post by murphy3428 »

I saw this as soon as it hit the bay could not move my hands fast enough to email the seller which was very fair on the price. It must be AYK month I have been trying to get my hands on a viper for the past 2 years and now to find a viper and complete shuttle with box and paper work not to mention the wheels so far this is turning out to be a great year! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-AYK-Racing-Viper-Shuttle-RC-4x4-car-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ170443098623QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item27af3349ff

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Re: my latiest and greatest find AYK SHUTTLE

Post by RC10Eh »

Nice score , and you were number 8 to view, very cool. I thought your last tecna find was cool, but i think this one is even better . Looking forward to that thread for sure. Congrats !

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Thanks RC10EH, I would definitly agree that this was the better of the two tecnacraft finds the last one was all about the wheels this one was all about the shuttle the wheels were a big bonus though to bad they were not the spoked tecnacraft cause I have a few sets of this pattern none the less any 4 wheel kyosho set of tecnacrafts are a rare find.

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

Be careful about this auction, it's a cheap runner or great parts for $100 but definitely no shelf queen (it's been thrashed) - I'm not sure that the seller has been entirely honest about having been sitting on a shelf and operated only a little...the rear suspension/roll bar holder would require a fair hit to clean snap like that and the chassis has been home rivetted probably after tearing clean through after a bumper head on. The tail portion of the body looks also to have been cut out after tearing off.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Ayk Viper wrote:Be careful about this auction, it's a cheap runner or great parts for $100 but definitely no shelf queen (it's been thrashed) - I'm not sure that the seller has been entirely honest about having been sitting on a shelf and operated only a little...the rear suspension/roll bar holder would require a fair hit to clean snap like that and the chassis has been home rivetted probably after tearing clean through after a bumper head on. The tail portion of the body looks also to have been cut out after tearing off.
Its a done deal already shipped I don't think it was thrashed actually it wouldn't take much at all to snap the roll bar holder if the roll bar was not tightened down or was mounted to high SNAP.The hole is what really weakens the part poor desighn on AYK a shelf queen it is not atleast not yet, any viper is a rare find over any of the AYK models as far as the body I have a NIP BODY so that problem is solved. The good thing with the viper is almost all of the aluminum parts can be easily re made except for the chassis so as long as it looks like the picture I am very happy for what I got it for :)

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but it appears that tin snips were used to open up the holes in the chassis for the battery, so that a larger pack could fit. Take a close look at the high res pics :cry: . Bummer. still a cool car though. -Jeff

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Around the battery was one of the first things I noticed. I still think it was a really good deal/find.

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

I don't want to be picky as the parts are worth $100 (i would have bought it for $100 too), but in picture 4 (alu piece hiding behind the gearbox in main pic) in the parts it shows an alu side suspension reinforcing support that has been completely nuked/snapped and the pic 7 undershot shows an oval hole twice it's width that once started out round. The force or wear required for that is big. There are other suspect screw replacements consistent with damage and use. The seller should not have advertised this as low usage as it has been used ... a lot.

I'll be interested to see but I think a major left rear salvage title.

They also should have thrown out the broken parts as it's a bit like advertising a brand new car with a free dented fender thrown in.
P1060293.JPG

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

its as simple as! a viper shuttle for 100 dollars! try and find another, an absolute steal there is no doubt..very happy for you. :wink:
are they tecnacrafts? or just the box?

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

A bit off topic but I hate when I buy something and it comes with a bunch of junk thrown in. Its as if the seller is like "here you throw this out." :roll: I know some of them do it just to make it look like you're getting a lot of stuff. They just hope you'll overlook the fact that its garbage.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

marui hunter 73 wrote:its as simple as! a viper shuttle for 100 dollars! try and find another, an absolute steal there is no doubt..very happy for you. :wink:
are they tecnacrafts? or just the box?
I completely agree, that is the question find another this was a win win situation and yes they are tecnacrafts!

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

:shock: Cmon , really ? Probably one of the best scores i have seen in a long time. way to go bud, like a said before, happy for you !

Ayk Viper
Approved Member

Post by Ayk Viper »

find another??? please dare me so it's not me showing off :lol:

PS (my name is Ayk Viper)

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

I see where your coming from AYK VIPER the seller played up the condition which looks to me to all be repairable. But this is not an rc10 where talking about hear that you could find 50 in a week to choose from I have seen only one on ebay in the past 2 years sure everybody wants a NIB kit but for the shuttle or viper just to find one is the task. This will be completely torn down and gone through will it be perfect no but isn't that the fun in the hobby to rebuild and bring back a piece of history I am happy only 2 more to go for a complete AYK buggy collection.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Congrats on finding a very VERY RARE classic AYK buggy. Im jealous and I'll be the first to admit it.
These cars are probably up there with the rarest of any that i could think of ESPECIALY the lexan bodied shuttle. To get the box and extra bits and peices was a great score but to get the Technacrafts aswell.......bloody awesome!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980