new project I picked up from ebay

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

murphy3428
Approved Member

new project I picked up from ebay

Post by murphy3428 »

I just received it yesterday and to my surprise it is in very good condition tires look like they maybe have one run on them no scratches on chassis just some dirt should make for a good shelfer. I will take some pics once I start to brake it down and clean it up here are some pics from the ebay listing
Attachments
!BgeHiE!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-E!EsMUcCoLuBLF,Sb6YCw~~_12.jpg
!BgeHiE!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-E!EsMUcCoLuBLF,Sb6YCw~~_12.jpg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 811 times
!BgeHiE!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-E!EsMUcCoLuBLF,Sb6YCw~~_12.jpg
!BgeHiE!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-E!EsMUcCoLuBLF,Sb6YCw~~_12.jpg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 811 times
!BgeHTRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLF,Rmzspg~~_12.jpg
!BgeHTRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLF,Rmzspg~~_12.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 811 times
!BgeHTRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLF,Rmzspg~~_12.jpg
!BgeHTRw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EsMNIVZ72BLF,Rmzspg~~_12.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 811 times

matthew john
Banned Member

Re: new project I picked up from ebay

Post by matthew john »

if they made them with aluminum chassies,and a shaft set up instead of a belt drive, then i had one. or something similar to that.

highwayracer
Approved Member

Post by highwayracer »

Those were really good cars out of the box. They came with the gold shocs and full bearings.

Unfortunately, the chassis flexed a lot even with the top brace. If you decide to race it, I suggest making a new solid (without the extra cut outs) top brace. The only other weak points were the motor mount (becasue it was made of plastic) and the metric pitch spur gear.

I was able to use the stock type losi jrx2 spur gears with little modification. I had to dremel off both sides of the gear so they were flat. I then drilled a small hole on the face of the gear (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the stock gear). The last thing was the use of a small brass spacer between the shaft and the gear (since the losi gear hole was too big). This was standard k&s material.

I'll try to find the gears and snap a picture of them for you.

This was the slingshot, but kyosho also released a chevy lumina stock car. Pretty much the samw with the exception of the wheels and tires. I think the lumina came with the kelron shocks vs aluminum...I need to check.

Regards,
highwayracer

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Good buy! I saw that on ebay but passed it up because I already have too many Slingshots. :lol:

If you need any spare parts, just let me know because I have three rollers and enough NIP parts to make a fourth. :wink: