Sorta Sideways

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RedScampi
Approved Member

Sorta Sideways

Post by RedScampi »

Here's another car I got in trade from Matt (matthew john). This one is going to be a challenge but it has most of the parts there. Some of the others i have in spares. I do need the cross brace at the top of the cage. I have an idea on that though. does anyone have a good manual scan for this rig?
Attachments
P1050689 (Large).JPG
P1050687 (Large).JPG
P1050685 (Large).JPG
Gary

Diggley
Approved Member

Re: Sorta Sideways

Post by Diggley »

Hmmm..

Someone went to a lot of trouble to try to turn that one into an RC10.

The only advantage the RC10 would've had over the Ultima would've been the transmission.

I'm not sure why the suspension would've been swapped, as the stock Ultima's suspension geometry was the best in the business back in the day. Maybe the RC10's caster block selection had a slight edge on oval-type tracks.

It looks like someone had a lot of spare parts and decided to make a neat project. It looks like there's not much "Ultima" left other than the chassis.

Are you looking for the Sideways specific manual, or a generic Ultima instruction book?
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I would like the Sideways specific manual. I have the Ultima and Ultima Turbo manuals but there are a few body parts I'd like to be able to see illustrated.
Gary

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

RedScampi wrote:I would like the Sideways specific manual. I have the Ultima and Ultima Turbo manuals but there are a few body parts I'd like to be able to see illustrated.

I'd help, but I've only got the Turbo & Pro XL manuals myself.

I guarantee there's an expert on here that should be able to help.

Good luck with your project!
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

JetTech101
Approved Member

Post by JetTech101 »

Hope this helps ya a little bit
http://www.tcphotos.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=1523&sid=2193&secid=306&t

Now that I look at google again , seems like your the same person from tamiyaclub.com asking for this manual? 8) Oh well you get it again then
Kyosho Ultima's & Turbo Optima's, Team Ass. RC10's, Jammin CRT , RC10TC3, Tamiya F-150, OFNA 9.5

Prince Steve
Approved Member

Post by Prince Steve »

Would this help?? :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

I think I need to increase the size of my signature.. :lol: :lol: :oops:
Attachments
IMG_0009.JPG
AKA ( settin03 R/C hobbies and more ) on Ebay

Since being on this site I have found that I have too many parts and R/C Models. Please help me get rid of them. ;-)

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Prince Steve wrote:Would this help?? :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

I think I need to increase the size of my signature.. :lol: :lol: :oops:
Do want! :mrgreen:
Gary

Prince Steve
Approved Member

Post by Prince Steve »

Your PM replied to. 8)
AKA ( settin03 R/C hobbies and more ) on Ebay

Since being on this site I have found that I have too many parts and R/C Models. Please help me get rid of them. ;-)

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

This might be a slightly easier, & slightly less expensive way to get what you want...

It looks pretty minty in the pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-ULTIMA-SIDEWAYS-SPRINTCAR-1-10TH-SCALE_W0QQitemZ170400585896QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item27acaa98a8
Projects and shelfers:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I'll say it does! I'll keep an eye on it - just like everyone else on the forum. :lol: I doubt very much that it will be any sort of a bargain the way things are going lately. All you have to do is say your interested in one car or another and suddenly they're everyone's favorite!
Gary

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

RedScampi wrote:I'll say it does! I'll keep an eye on it - just like everyone else on the forum. :lol: I doubt very much that it will be any sort of a bargain the way things are going lately. All you have to do is say your interested in one car or another and suddenly they're everyone's favorite!

Haha, It sure seems like it!

I feel your pain..

I've lost track of how many times I've been "sniped"(outbid by a buck or two) at the last minute after thinking I was a winning bid a decent gold pan RC10, any NIP (graphite) Ultima chassis, or a worn out Sand Scorcher on eBay...

Once in awhile when everything is just right, the stars & planets are aligned, and fingers are crossed under a full moon..., a deal may slip through un-noticed...

I wish you luck!
Projects and shelfers:

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Why not clean it up and just use new tires on the wheels that were on it? When matthew showed it first it had a body and wheels plus tires.

The sideways tires are unique and will cost you just because of that (if you even can find them).
I've actually had the front tires (they were used on the ford coswworth etc later) and can honestly say they are worth nothing in practise. So if you plan on driving this, don't go that route.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Yeah, Ed, that's more or less the plan that is forming for this one. I do have the wheels that were on it but they just don't "do it" for me. Prince Steve hooked me up with the rears, (thanks!) and I'll either find some used fronts or come up with something. I have a pile o' tires I will look though to see what works, though it is getting smaller. The car will be getting a different, less beatup chassis, but I'll either use the hardware that came with the car or clean up some spare parts. I will have a body or two to choose from, or I can always buy an aftermarket one. I don't think I'll run this one. I just visited the local track yesterday and watched a "practice session". What a disaster! There were more than twenty cars and trucks on the track of all description running all over each other. It looked more like a demolition derby! I guess I'm squeamish but I can't imagine putting one of my cars into that mixmaster.
Gary