THE END OF A LEGEND. RIP lil red ridin' hood

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

Re: THE END OF A LEGEND. RIP lil red ridin' hood

Post by matthew john »

yeah the carb was rebuilt before i got it, but im gonna do a compression test, if its okay, ill try a hotter spark plugs, i got an edlebrock preformer intake and a edelbrock carb ill put on, while i got the top half way off, ill go ahead and install my purple shaft cam . gonna have that low cammed out gurgling thing goin on 8) , think it may be some thing simple though, it aint blowing smoke yet , just when you floor it, it dont run wide open, only runs wide open if its in neutral or park. put her in gear, it just doesnt open up, takes it time picking up speed.

might be plugs , but sorta sounds like carb prob. secondaries might not be opening up or something?

wts873
Approved Member

Post by wts873 »

Possible if your carb has vacuum secondaries. Does it smell rich when you floor it?

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

It sounds like Hawaii got most of their vehicle laws from California. Do some research, there's got to be a way to keep your truck and keep it legal. You'll regret it forever if you get rid of it.

Do they allow air suspension over there? I know a guy from my old car club lives in Hawaii and has a 87 toyota pickup bagged and bodydropped and he drives it everywhere. He has a roll pan and LED tail lights so he probably is a collector of tickets :lol:
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

they are but its hell to get them legalized to pass saftey and recon.

my ram charger is stock suspension, i didnt change the hight of it, or nothing, i just put on some 33 in super swampers and put on temporary mud flares. i got pulled over for not having a recon.they said my truck was illegally lifted with out proper paper work. so i had to remove my swampers and run regular tires.

i hate all these hawaiian laws. you dont need a recon for running swampers, the truck was not lifted. its just the cops being dick heads. we got one under cover cop in a camaro , it has a 305ci in it, he gets on the high way and provokes people and gets them to race or speed , then he pulls them over. other guy didnt know it was a cop until his cherries came on.
if he tried it with me in my s10, i woulda SmoKed his camaro 8)

im thinking of making a tube chassis for the s10 , but for now its sitting on a trailer, waiting.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

The cops around here were doing the same thing getting people to race. Then they would confiscate their car and then the cops started using their confiscated cars for undercover work. They had a twin turbo wrx and an evo lancer they were using. Someone sued the county and won. The judge said it was entrapment and made the county buy them a new car since theirs was sold and paid restituion payment.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

bent the frame when you threw a rod?

huh?

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

i still dont know how it bent it. burried the pedal, guess the torque? broke one motor mount, threw a rod, one piston hit the head and split it, the other motor mount bent, cracked the block where it mounts to , and that side of the frame reail was the one twisted out ward. these trucks come with little 4 cly and v6's, were never made to hold a v8, i never beefed up the frame or suspension. only mod to it was replace the front coils with longer and stiffer ones.

anyway next week end i plan to start pulling the body off the frame. i first i gotta do some work on the ram charger.
interior work, swaping an intake and carb, hooking up the a/c, putting in a cam, so the front half of the motor is coming off, getting cleaned and painted , the re assembled. then some time before that gotta get pics posted in a add for BST.
i think there should be more hours in a day, just not enough time to get stuff done !