Shodog's Composite Craft Team Car build has begun

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

cstmp8r

Post by cstmp8r »

sweet car sho!! I have a question in regards to the hydra drive slipper. Is it anything special? I am just asking because I got a jrx2 roller a while back and it had one on it. And I have never seen one before. thanks

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

cstmp8r wrote:sweet car sho!! I have a question in regards to the hydra drive slipper. Is it anything special? I am just asking because I got a jrx2 roller a while back and it had one on it. And I have never seen one before. thanks
Honestly I don't know. I never had one on my car back in the day. i would assume they are worth it as BK had one on his buggy and did very well with it.

Whiskers
Approved Member

Post by Whiskers »

cstmp8r wrote:sweet car sho!! I have a question in regards to the hydra drive slipper. Is it anything special? I am just asking because I got a jrx2 roller a while back and it had one on it. And I have never seen one before. thanks
I had one back in the day on my 10T, it's a cool thought, just not required for all surfaces. It was also a PITA to get set up. (as far as filled) And I still have the complete Hydra Drive set up for the standard Stealth, and RPM 2.65 conversion. I've tried it on the truck and buggy, works better on the truck, but that could also have been test surface and tire differences. (not a very scientific test)

The track I raced at went from favoring Associated, to favoring Losi. (Management were Losi lovers.) Anyway, the track became a tire of the moment track, loose and never consistent, think pock marked glass, dime sized marbles, and potholes you could loose your car in. (If I hadn't spent so much on tires back then, I would have alot more cool RC stuff from back in the day.) The Associated sponsored drivers would throw their RC10's down for a test run, and if it didn't hook well, they would just get their 1/8 scale nitros out and practice with that, even though there was no 1/8 scale racing at that facility. Eventually the facility closed.

Just thought I should add, it is a neat thing from RC's past though. That's why I keep mine around, even though it isn't in a vehicle at the moment.