How to tell

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MOJO

How to tell

Post by MOJO »

What are the different versions of th RC10T and how can u tell th difference???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LMK

I have a RC10T i got in a package deal along w/ a parts truck and a gold chassis :!: I'm trying to decide if i want 2 sell it or keep it!!!!!! :P

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: How to tell

Post by klavy69 »

if you posted pix I'm sure someone can get you an approx. guess what it is...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

There u go guys, i will post a pic of parts truck and chassis when i get it this week :!: :!: :)

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

Well, assuming it's all original (you never can tell with these cars/trucks), that looks like a Team Truck; it had the graphite tranny brace, universal driveshafts, new caster blocks and steering arms/axles, new suspension arms and thicker shock struts, a different body, one piece wheels, and softer tires added to the original package. The RC10ST was basically the original RC10T, only with bushings, gold shocks, and a mechanical speed control and motor.

The plastic parts were upgraded on all kits over time, so depending on when a truck was made it could have had the original 'thin' white arms, some beefier white arms, or the black arms on your truck (the second generation white arms made with a different material).

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Thanks a lot, i am hoping to put a nice brushed setup in this and have some fun with it, on new wheels of course!!!!!!!! :wink: Only thing i need for this truck is a body and any missing parts that anyone can see! :mrgreen:

Can anyone help me find a body or any missing parts!!!!!!! 8) 8)

One final question, how much would i have to put in2 it if i wanted to go to th original RC10T????? :)
Thanks for th help guys!!!!!!1

SteveK
Approved Member

Post by SteveK »

MOJO wrote:Thanks a lot, i am hoping to put a nice brushed setup in this and have some fun with it, on new wheels of course!!!!!!!! :wink: Only thing i need for this truck is a body and any missing parts that anyone can see! :mrgreen:

Can anyone help me find a body or any missing parts!!!!!!! 8) 8)

One final question, how much would i have to put in2 it if i wanted to go to th original RC10T????? :)
Thanks for th help guys!!!!!!1
Do you want an original 10T or Team Truck body, or any body that will fit? There are 10T reproductions out there, and many aftermarket bodies are universal fit, if you tweak the body mounts.

Looks like the only parts you are missing are the battery strap and a gear cover. And the electronics.

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

Any body is fine with me, when i get enough posts, i will it up th Want to Buy thread for a Battery Strap and Gear Cover!!!!! 8) 8) Wheres th best place to buy a RC10T body(aftermarket or original) :?: :?:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

That is the last edition team truck--the arms, spur and graphite tranny brace, wheels and tires are all correct for the truck

MOJO

Post by MOJO »

What year did this truck come out?????? :shock:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

93-94

Motor'n

Post by Motor'n »

Yep last of the team trucks I recently bought one just like it . I am converting it to T3 specs for a runner.
Racin since 1987