The funnest r/c vehicle to drive?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

The funnest r/c vehicle to drive?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I haven't had time to log-in in two weeks so naturally I'd just jump in and start a new topic. I've been lurking around, but have nothing to add to any topic so I'll just start a new one. :twisted: I know I started a thread a while back stating that I had little desire to run an r/c, but that changed when my road was re-paved(I know. Shut up about the road being repaved! :lol: ). It's a big deal for me though. Life changing even(Sorry, I'm a Philosophy grad). I live in rural southern Indiana and can bash an r/c in a thousand good spots within a mile radius. However, I'm also busy(and lazy). Now I can just stroll outside and have a superb road to drive on. That being said I find that my Midnight Pumpkin is the funnest r/c ever made. I run a 15 year old Trinity stocker and a 3000mah NiMh Venom 7 cell. I pull wheelies for 35 minutes straight. I dogged this very same Venom battery in a long ago post and I apologize. It takes abuse and runs like a striped-ass ape! I have Lipo an brushless stuff everywhere, but the Pumpkin is the funnest r/c you can ever drive. Get it comin! 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Re: The funnest r/c vehicle to drive?

Post by Soncho Ponza »

"NOTHING TO ADD TO ANY TOPIC" hell i don't think any of us do to most, but still we put in our "2 cents with no sense"

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Soncho Ponza wrote:"NOTHING TO ADD TO ANY TOPIC" hell i don't think any of us do to most, but still we put in our "2 cents with no sense"
You've obviously read my work. :lol:

Anyway, every post is more fun with pics so here are a couple. They are old, but still accurate. I have another new white plastic body that I will do box art someday, but here are the two I have now. Just for the sake of R/C fun.

Anyone have a different opinion on funnest R/C to drive??????
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Well, the most recent "funnest" one for me is my RC18T followed closely by my TXT-1. The RC18T is just right for indoors, our Boston Terrier "Dolby" loves chasing it :lol:. The TXT-1 is my beast for front/back yard running :twisted:, Dolby will not chase this one :lol:.

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I'm having a lot of fun racing my brother's Slash in spec at our little indoor track. I drove an SC10 last night with 1/8th scale tires and a Novak 5.5. It was a ton of fun and completly insane for a track with a 65 foot long straightaway. :shock: I still crack a smile thinking about it.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

For me, any of my RC10T trucks, they've never disappointed me, I've ran them with Brushed and Brushless systems, NIMH and LIPO batteries, big and small tires, and they always bring a :D to my face.
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

slotcarrod has lent me one of his rock crawlers, an Axial Scorpion, and I think I will just keep it :mrgreen: ..just kidding Rod. Although you might want me to buy it from you because I tore it up at a rock quarry recently. Like I told you, I feel horrible, but I will pay for the broken part. It still runs excellent and I have been treating it better...just indoors now trying to walk it on it's front wheels after driving it up walls to the point where it wants to teater backwards. Needless to say I am going to buy one of my own soon.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

pfffft Midnight pumpkin?
I wouldn't drive one of those if you gave it to me.
Lunchbox all the way! :wink: :lol:
vonats09lunchbox5.jpg
definately on top in terms of fun factor.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

I am probably the odd one out, been racing electric cars since the late 80's....BUT

I love my TMaxx the best. On a track it sucks, but for just sheer bashing around the house, out on the street or in the park, the things just is plain fun. Tackles all obstacles, loud, smelly and obnoxious. Just something about taking a Monster truck and just beating the crap out of it that is fun.

Yes, it is tempermental, yes I break parts...if it isnt broke in 2-3 tanks, I am not running it hard enough!
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

i would have to look at it through my son's eyes. and his fav would be his rc10l with 16/89 gears and a 65 turn motor. he drives that thing and smashes all the other neighborhood kids rc cars. 1800 ni-cd pack lasts around an hour on the setup.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Clodbuster and original blackfoot. So much fun to bash around with.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

I just love getting my "Wild Willy" out and havin a play with it :oops:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Soncho Ponza wrote:"NOTHING TO ADD TO ANY TOPIC" hell i don't think any of us do to most, but still we put in our "2 cents with no sense"
I'll have you know that each and every one of my posts are well thought out, relevant posts!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ok, even I couldn't keep a straight face with that one! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

While we all have our favorites, sometimes we find the most joy with the simplest things. I've only run two RCs in my life and those are the Clodbuster and a T-Maxx. The T-Maxx SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that the T-Maxx SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D My Clods are not performance vehicles by any means, but they do give me endless joy in their present form. 8)

No Thumbs, with the new road, you'll have to pull a few of those shelf queens down and run 'em! :twisted: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

nothing is more fun for me than chilling out somewhere in the woods or the rocks with a nice and slow scale 4x4.

no high horsepower oversteer & crazy speeds, no running the length of a football field to put it back on its wheels, 45+ minute runtimes...

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

I second the T-Maxx. I got mine so cheap that for the money its the most fun I ever had in RC.

I also would consider my Lunch Box a close second, but I rarely drive it as it is in like new condition and completely built from NIP or nearly new first run parts.

My 1/8 scale latemodel on the other hand is a complete beast on a 340' runline oval here in NJ. Fun to race for 5 minutes, but you can't even blink or its crashed.