A new aquisition

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

aconsola
Approved Member

A new aquisition

Post by aconsola »

Got this one thanks to Bent for pointing it out. I Picked it up mostly because of the A&l wheels and steering.
The steering will get transplanted eventually onto my pro-SE all-yellow projct car.
Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of it.
It looks like the privious owner milled out the chassis for a large servo saver like the pro-type chassis. did a good job, it looks factory. The motor plate was also Milled, cool stuff. makes me want to open the gearbox up to see if there are any special goodies in there too :mrgreen:
Attachments
rcuniversejrx216.jpg
rcuniversejrx214.jpg
rcuniversejrx23.jpg

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Re: A new aquisition

Post by Bongo Fury »

Those mods do look pretty clean, guess you can’t put that in the lightweight chassis thread.

Interesting combo, truck wheels on the short low kick chassis. Wouldn’t expect any problem getting it to turn. Isn’t that the standard rear 5 link pivot, instead of the ones for the H arms? Are those long front shocks? What about the front body mount, never seen that, is it custom? How many consecutive questions are allowed on this site? :wink: :mrgreen:

Nice find for sure.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Bongo Fury wrote:Those mods do look pretty clean, guess you can’t put that in the lightweight chassis thread.

Interesting combo, truck wheels on the short low kick chassis. Wouldn’t expect any problem getting it to turn. Isn’t that the standard rear 5 link pivot, instead of the ones for the H arms? Are those long front shocks? What about the front body mount, never seen that, is it custom? How many consecutive questions are allowed on this site? :wink: :mrgreen:

Nice find for sure.
Thisis an original JRX-2 with a j-g front truck body mount conversion. This front mount is cut down a bit from the stock jg mount. The NIP mount I have is part of a complete truck conversion. This kit comes with the big rc-10 style nylon body posts, not the small aluminum ones pictured. I am sure these little aluminum ones are JG as the same ones are included in the buggy body mount I have from JG. I do not know if maybe the al mounts come with the separately packaged front truck mount, or if they were available on their own.

The rear pivot is the original style as is the bulkhead, with no inner ballstud mount hole, but the motor mount has the cutout for the inner camberlink clearance. Shocks are long/1" front and xl/1.2" rear, just like a JRX-pro.

The front bulkhead is an original one with the front overhang, which was not cut off and caused the bulkhead to bow upwards when the bumper was installed(the bulkhead is supposed to get trimmed when this bumper is used, the bumper comes with an instruction sheet detailing the mod.
overall this is a clasic case of a jrx-2 that was upgraded/updated over time.

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

You could always sell it to me! :D
All The Way Alive