MIP 4X4 kit for the RC10 - GAUGING INTEREST ONLY

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Daddeo
Approved Member

Re: MIP 4X4 kit for the RC10 - GAGING INTEREST ONLY

Post by Daddeo »

Thank you and I will definitely keep everyone updated. :D

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Yes, please do. And well done for sorting this thus far.

Given that the choices are (i) c.USD500 or (ii) the price listed on Ebay recently for a similar item, I'll take "(i)" any day of the week. So, still "very serious"!

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

CNA75 wrote:Yes, please do. And well done for sorting this thus far.

Given that the choices are (i) c.USD500 or (ii) the price listed on Ebay recently for a similar item, I'll take "(i)" any day of the week. So, still "very serious"!
Item (ii) did not sell with a bin of $1500 nor was there a bid starting at $1400. Items that are overpriced no matter how much they are sought after don't always sell. Too bad the seller didn't have the courage to put it up with a starting bid of $9.99 and watch to see what price eBay ultimately set for his item, he still could have had a reserve for whatever it was he thought it was worth. I guess I am inclined to think this particular auction shouldn't count for anything in setting the value of a new-engineered MIP 4wd kit except that they are not worth $1400.

This is all very interesting!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

So if they have to redo the molds etc., would it be a limited run, or would it become an MIP stock item?

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

a01butal wrote:
CNA75 wrote:Yes, please do. And well done for sorting this thus far.

Item (ii) did not sell with a bin of $1500 nor was there a bid starting at $1400. Items that are overpriced no matter how much they are sought after don't always sell. Too bad the seller didn't have the courage to put it up with a starting bid of $9.99 and watch to see what price eBay ultimately set for his item, he still could have had a reserve for whatever it was he thought it was worth. I guess I am inclined to think this particular auction shouldn't count for anything in setting the value of a new-engineered MIP 4wd kit except that they are not worth $1400.
That, my friend, would appear to be a very fair comment.....

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

bngiles - That info will be found out in the next hour or so ;).

Eustace is wanting me to give him a call today so we can talk person to person and maybe get all the details worked out. Wish me luck! :D

EDIT - I just got to get done with my customers so I can make the call...

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Well, if it's going to be a total redesign, at least fix some of the weaker parts of the kit to justify the ~$500 price tag.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Everyone has their opinion, but to me the business model seems to be a bit risky at $500 each. I don't (personally) feel that they will sell at that price.

You know what the say about opinions though.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I have to agree with Jay. Getting 225 people to pony up $500 is going to be a task

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

shodog wrote:I have to agree with Jay. Getting 225 people to pony up $500 is going to be a task
thats just $112,500 for all of them. Very high price tag. I would rather see MIP come out with a current 4WD car kit. Build on the past not recreate it. But hey a New MIP 4x4 kit would great also!
Have a nice day! :)

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

I understand everyone's concern about the price of the kit and it will be addressed among other things. Due to both myself and Eustace having a very busy schedule today we did not have enough time to get everything out on the table. I will be talking with him again tomorrow with hopefully more time so we can discuss this opportunity in more detail.

I really do appreciate everyone who has responded and offered their help. As we go along with this and things begin to take better shape we might call upon to those who have offered help. Again, thanks to all of you in this endeavor.

Daddeo

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

I know it's late but wanted to let everyone know that Eustace and I talked earlier today. This project is picking up steam and I'm happy to announce that MIP is just as interested in doing this as we are in it happening :D.

Since things are starting to happen now a little more quickly I have dedicated a thread on my site that will be the information thread for this. I'm doing this because it will be easier for me to update. I have a feeling me and Eustace will be talking to each quite often in the coming months ;).

Here is a link to the thread I mentioned: Vintage MIP product opportunity!

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

man i feel lucky when i snagged a mislabeled, complete (minus belt guide) mip legend plus a gold pan stealth car for $130 a few years ago. it was listed as an rc10gt, yeah ok i knew exactly what it was from the pics and was the only one to bid on it.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Per the request of Daddeo, this thread has been moved once again...... hey don't resist it, there is one constant in life you can count on, change.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Thank you! The reason for this move, once again :D, is to get as much exposure as we can to this kit. The numbers we have so far are good but the more the better.

EDIT - In case anyone was wondering, Eustace said he would make these available directly from MIP :D.