The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Retro rc wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:25 pm Traxxas long front shocks part number 4760 looks like traxxas have very resently deleted them from production but they’re still around on eBay etc. they were originally produced in blue ano then when to a light grey hard and with blue caps on the trx-1 and blue eagle onwards and more resently the dark grey bodies. The rear x-long shocks th match are part # 4761.

The “big bore” versions are part numbers 2660 and 2661 and where on the trx3, tcp ,SRT onwards they have a stepped cap and a step on the bottom of the cylinder where the seals go in aswell.

Franks eyelets look to be kyosho maybe? Definitely not original traxxas

The last set I bought had the gold shafts in the rears but not the fronts was really disappointing
Well, technically *pushes up glasses on nose*, the first iteration of the "long" shocks were the gold anodized rears (1660) on the Bullet.
20240613_103328.jpg
Also the 1660's were on all four corners of the Eagle, then they went 1960 (blue anodized) for the Blue Eagle and 1960 and 2761 for the original release TRX-1, then went 47 series for the hard anno for the "Worlds" TRX-1 thru LS-II , then 26 series "bigbores" for the TRX-3 thru TCP/SRT as @Retro rc lined out previously.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I'll push my glasses up even a bit further and say that there were several variations of the blue color found on the early shocks. I have a set(sic) of 3 shocks that are almost turquoise, which I believe were on the nitro buggy/truck versions. I'll likely never find a matching shock to complete this 'set'. I'll put up a photo as soon as I can.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

jwscab wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:53 am I'll likely never find a matching shock to complete this 'set'. I'll put up a photo as soon as I can.
You just haven't asked the right people...
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!