Composite Craft Predator

The place for all things TRC Composite Craft.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jacobey
Approved Member

Composite Craft Predator

Post by Jacobey »

I came across a new sealed Composite Craft car, I don't know much about them and hard to get pictures of parts in a bag but it appears to be this model:
http://pro10-classic.com/1986-composite-craft-lynx-predator/

Kind of throwing me off since the pro10 site picture has aluminum motor plate and white front knuckles. The parts in the bag the motor plate looks to be black plastic? and the front knuckles are black. Is this how they came originally?

RC10 | T4 | TC3 | RC18T | Legend | Bolink All Star Sprinter | CW Enforcer | WCM 1/4 Sportsman

GoMachV

Re: Composite Craft Predator

Post by GoMachV »

Judging by the holes in the chassis, are you sure that isn’t a Predator Lynx? They shared the same box with just a “lynx” stamp updating it. You would have two shocks in the bags if it’s a lynx- no shocks for a standard predator.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Jacobey
Approved Member

Post by Jacobey »

Unfortunately I don't have the box, I shifted stuff around in the bag and am not seeing any shocks. I see what you mean about the holes though, I didn't catch that

The rear pod upper and lower plates are T-shaped like the original, they don't match what's shown in the top down view picture here on the Lynx
http://pro10-classic.com/1987-composite-craft-predator/
RC10 | T4 | TC3 | RC18T | Legend | Bolink All Star Sprinter | CW Enforcer | WCM 1/4 Sportsman

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I wonder if that is a late kit- where they were already adapting it for the lynx but it was still sold as a standard. That might also explain the later style black motor plate and steering blocks
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Might've been an entry level/budget model of the Predator sold along side the Lynx.

TravelinTravis
Approved Member

Post by TravelinTravis »

Very nice Score! That's an original Composite Craft Predator that you have there! The chassis is drilled for the Predator Lynx since during the life of the Predator, Composite Craft, later on, sold Predator kits with the main chassis pre-drilled for the original Lynx/upgrade prior/during full release of the Lynx and also sold upgrade kits (w/Delta shocks/mounts/new lower rear graphite plate) separately, to update Predator's to Lynx. The original release of the Lynx, used the same box as the predator and just stamped them with Lynx....as GoMachV says! In your photos I think I see the full graphite T-Bar...this is specific to the Predator. The Lynx did not have the OG style T-Bar. Simple other way to know = if your kit does not have two Delta mini-shocks and 4 rear tie rods, your kit is an OG Predator with a chassis pre-drilled for a later possible upgrade to a Lynx....and that's my guess based on the photos. And yes....the change from aluminum rear pod pcs. to the black plastic/delrin pcs. was part of the transition during this time too....for the steering blocks I've seen kits with the associated 12e/i/L blocks....they turned to black and used TRC once CC/TRC LynxII came about I think....if you look close in my profile pic, I used RC-10 steering blocks on a Lynx way back when... :D Very nice history there....something to be treasured! Bob "Bullet" Light won the very first two on-road U.S. Championships with a CC Predator Lynx. Photos of my Lynx added for reference (w/thanks to RC10resto).
Attachments
20211124_005142.jpg
20211124_004240.jpg
20211124_004157.jpg

Jacobey
Approved Member

Post by Jacobey »

Excellent information, thank you guys

TravelinTravis
Approved Member

Post by TravelinTravis »

Jacobey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:24 pm Excellent information, thank you guys
Any updates on this kit Jacobey? Did you build her?! Just curious....love the original Predator and Lynx.