Is there a visual parts guide?...

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Badillac
Approved Member

Is there a visual parts guide?...

Post by Badillac »

Has anyone seen (or does anyone feel like making) a guide that shows the different versions of standard parts? For instance, here is a pic of the standard shock tower/CE shock tower/ worlds shock tower, etc. Here are standard A-arms/CE A-arms/Andys A-Arms. It could be done for a lot of things (wheels, trannys, steering parts, etc) and would be a very helpful learning tool for people who are trying to get into learning the different editions. It would probably save someone from kicking themselves by using something they didn't know was an extremely rare part on a basher/runner.
I, for instance, have three different goldpans from e-bay, but cannot begin to tell you if one was a Champion Edition or was even modified from stock since all three seem to have completely different parts.
So if anyone has a link to something like this, or someone has a lot of spare parts, camera and the knowledge that us new guys don't, and would like to make a post like this, I'd be all for it.
RC's are like ****'s... everyone has one... some are just more torn up then others.

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Is there a visual parts guide?...

Post by scr8p »

that would take quite some time to get something like that together. especially if you'd want aftermarket parts included with the stock parts.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

I am working on it. It's quite a huge task, but I've got about 75% of it done. The minutia of changes is kind of overwhelming... :shock:

Patience...

If you've got a specific question about what goes with what post it. Within reason.

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Temple it already exists. It is on Associated site but extremely hard to find. Its basically a PDF breakdown of the parts Associated made for the RC10 with codes that correspond to the type of 10. It lists part no.s, a few pictures, and original list price. I am sure someone else on here has seen it. Anyone who is interested PM me your email and I will send it.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

JPAE07 wrote:Temple it already exists. It is on Associated site but extremely hard to find. Its basically a PDF breakdown of the parts Associated made for the RC10 with codes that correspond to the type of 10. It lists part no.s, a few pictures, and original list price. I am sure someone else on here has seen it. Anyone who is interested PM me your email and I will send it.
AE does not go into the minute details. For example there are five versions of the production 6325 transmission brace:

six gear without countersunk body post hole (white) used on the early "Edinger" cars
six gear with countersunk body post hole (white) used on later Edinger and Cadillac cars with six-gear trans.
stealth version without "humps" (white) used on very early Team cars, but not on trucks.
stealth version with "humps" (white)
stealth version with "humps" (black)

There are quite a few more parts that share the same part number but had revisions through their production.

:wink:

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

templeofspeed wrote:I am working on it. It's quite a huge task, but I've got about 75% of it done. The minutia of changes is kind of overwhelming... :shock:

Patience...

If you've got a specific question about what goes with what post it. Within reason.
Is that a good idea? I mean, I am all for information sharing and everything if someone shows a genuine interest and hangs out here asking the right questions and using the searches provided.

But I think people shouldn't have it given to them on a plate.

Because this information can be used for both good and evilBAY.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
Is that a good idea? I mean, I am all for information sharing and everything if someone shows a genuine interest and hangs out here asking the right questions and using the searches provided.

But I think people shouldn't have it given to them on a plate.

Because this information can be used for both good and evilBAY.
I didn't say I was going to post the information... :wink:

This is the document that JPAE07 speaks of:

http://aedownloads.com/pdf/catalogs/cat_rc10x.pdf

It's basically the parts listing that was issued with the World's Car.

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Im still trying to figure out what the "Stamp _" means? I have 3 different 6 gear kits, and I don't know how to tell the difference!

MOmo

wts873
Approved Member

Post by wts873 »

I think that list is wrong :? I have a B stamp black tub thats not graphite.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

wts873 wrote:I think that list is wrong :? I have a B stamp black tub thats not graphite.
The letters do not refer to the chassis stampings... :wink:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

MOmo wrote:Im still trying to figure out what the "Stamp _" means? I have 3 different 6 gear kits, and I don't know how to tell the difference!

MOmo
Without going into extreme detail basically A is pre-stealth. B is 1st gen stealth, C is late stealth. There are a few versions of A and B having to do with additional drillings/countersinkings (or lack thereof). :wink:

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

It's important to keep in mind that AE didn't put the list together so that people could re-create a car with dated specific parts and variations of specific parts. The list was created so that people could find current parts that "work" for their type of RC10. I originally thought this was the list was what Badillac was looking for, which is why I posted my response.

I think its awesome that Temple is putting a list together breaking down the variations. It would also be nice if he could list it in a forum that only approved members of rc10talk could access.

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

templeofspeed wrote:
MOmo wrote:Im still trying to figure out what the "Stamp _" means? I have 3 different 6 gear kits, and I don't know how to tell the difference!

MOmo
Without going into extreme detail basically A is pre-stealth. B is 1st gen stealth, C is late stealth. There are a few versions of A and B having to do with additional drillings/countersinkings (or lack thereof). :wink:
From what I have seen Temple is right but added the "C" Chassis is the same as the "B" but has milled channels on the inside of the chassis. It came with the "Kinwald" boxed World Car.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

There are non-World's "C" chassis as well. The final 10T (black) and CE (gold) cars had them.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Early "B" chassies with stealth holes and still countersunk for 6-gear trans for early rc10t and team rc10 are hard to find as well. Oh yeah wait, weren't there like three versions of this early "B" chassis with different battery cup holes too? DOH! :x
Old school racing all the way!