Robinson racing products, & others for Kyosho ultima

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Robinson racing products, & others for Kyosho ultima

Post by Mr. ED »

Hi folks,
robinson racing wasn't very helpfull so I 'll have to ask you guys.

Do you know which products were released for the Ultima by RRP?
Anybody knows where I can get them?

(Stormer has the adjustable toe-in, but I don't need that. They also had 18° front axle carriers, for which I now need the axle and c-carrier. Or if anybody wants these parts; I'd be just as happy to part with them again as I don't see the point inthe 18°s actually.)

One more RRP thing I found is a 48 pitch spur, but unlike the original the first gear comes in 2 parts: the spur and the smaller gear on the back.
Anybody ever seen that second gear? Which pitch is it? Got pics or a serial nr or best: parts for sale?

I would like to make an entire 48 pitch gearbox.
(actually already have a custom made spur and second gear, but they're completely worn and I have no clue who made them; could well be a d-i-y )

I have found and bought an 48 pitch conversion set from thorp.
Which turns out to be the top gear and and a center gear for a Thorp BALL diff.
So I need to find the rest of the thorp ball diff now as it is quite different form the option house unit :(

Trinity made some 48 pitch spur sets with 48pitch second gear; seen them from Snake plissken. anyone know of other options or has a set of these for sale?
No need for NIB on any of the above, but usable ofcourse

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Robinson racing products, & others for Kyosho ultima

Post by shodog »

Let me double check my kyosho boxes as I may be able to hook you up

Snake Plissken
Approved Member

Post by Snake Plissken »

Mr. ED wrote:Hi folks,

They also had 18° front axle carriers, for which I now need the axle and c-carrier. Or if anybody wants these parts; I'd be just as happy to part with them again as I don't see the point inthe 18°s actually.)
I've seen a Robinson add in an old RCCA for the 18° front axle carriers, and from what I understand this hop up is supposed to solve the Ultima's known under steering problem by aligning the tire's contact axis with the ground with the axis the tire is pointing (that's not a very good explanation, you have to see it in the schematic), which I guess is similar to the front end changes Associated made to the Worlds or Team car. I haven't heard of anyone actually driving this hop up so I can't tell for sure it works.

Check out the MIP 48 pitch ball diff/final pinion I found at an auction I won http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2660&p=26811#p26811
I turned the gears by hand when it was still assembled in the gearbox and it rolled so smoothly! So, like you, I also intend to convert my gearbox to 48 pitch, I just need to find the missing internal parts.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

shodog wrote:Let me double check my kyosho boxes as I may be able to hook you up
Hey Jim , anything sofar?
While you are inthere, I'm open to anything usable on an ultima, even if not designed for it explicitely.

(Kyosho by the way did not make a 48 pitch gearbox: you'll have to check after-market marked boxes first)

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Dude, did you use to own an rc shop or did you knock one over :lol: .

I love love love love love that 1045 chassis. Mine has one like it but with a few, ehh, maybe a lot of scratches.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Tadracket wrote:

Dude, did you use to own an rc shop or did you knock one over :lol: .

I love love love love love that 1045 chassis. Mine has one like it but with a few, ehh, maybe a lot of scratches.
Sorry the chassis got sold, I really got to update that forsale thread.

As for how I got all this stuff. I would go around to shops buying up boxes full of stuff. The thing is a shop owners are more likely to cut a deal on a box of stuff than individually picking and chooseing parts. Once you start handpicking stuff, they can see what your getting and what it used to go for. When they see a box, they just see something thats taking up space.

Consequently though, you end up with tons of stuff that is hard to sell or not worth my time to sell.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

shodog wrote: Consequently though, you end up with tons of stuff that is hard to sell or not worth my time to sell.
Like what?