Asso man! Belgium Grand Prix Racer

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kenooze
Approved Member

Asso man! Belgium Grand Prix Racer

Post by kenooze »

Last Week end in Kampenhout Belgium, the fabulous Asso Man! drives is RC10B4 in front of many European drivers from UK, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium .

Image Image

From your international reporter kenooze :wink:

Snake Plissken
Approved Member

Post by Snake Plissken »

nice to see people are still using stick type remotes (and especially in high end racing). I got used to the stick type and just can't use wheel type with the same comfort.
In the buggy pic -is Asso Man uses narrow front tires on wide rims??!

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

thanks Kenooze, now there is (at last) a picture of me (and my "in action" B4) on the forum, and not the least one :wink: 8)

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Snake Plissken wrote:nice to see people are still using stick type remotes (and especially in high end racing). I got used to the stick type and just can't use wheel type with the same comfort.
Currently 3 of the 4 electric World Champs use sticks (all 3 use the KO Esprit) and sticks are still by far the most popular in the UK.

Snake Plissken
Approved Member

Post by Snake Plissken »

terry.sc wrote:Currently 3 of the 4 electric World Champs use sticks (all 3 use the KO Esprit) and sticks are still by far the most popular in the UK.
Thats very interesting terry. Everyone here use wheel radios so I'm considered 'eccentric' for using stick.

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

terry.sc wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:nice to see people are still using stick type remotes (and especially in high end racing). I got used to the stick type and just can't use wheel type with the same comfort.
Currently 3 of the 4 electric World Champs use sticks (all 3 use the KO Esprit) and sticks are still by far the most popular in the UK.
That is awesome. I'll take a stick any day.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Oh you guys are silly, wheels are for cars sticks are for planes and heils :roll: :lol: that's how I do it anyway.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Tad, what have you gotten into lately, either too much meds or not enough. :lol:

Janus
Approved Member

Post by Janus »

Belgium GP, great race every year. Made the B-main myself with an X-6, fastest non-team X-6 driver, and a stick transmitter :wink:

There is still a plan in the back of my head to take a team car (it needs a steath) to the GP and see how that will do.
Genius by ignorance

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

this might be a dumb question, but why don't you guys race on dirt? that track looks like a par 4 hole at a miniature golf course.

Janus
Approved Member

Post by Janus »

scr8p wrote:this might be a dumb question, but why don't you guys race on dirt? that track looks like a par 4 hole at a miniature golf course.
I prefer dirt, and my home track is dirt. But to be honest this type of track doesn’t require nearly as much maintenance as a dirt track, and that is, to me, a pretty good reason to race on carpet.
Genius by ignorance

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh ya, i understand the maintenance aspect of it, for the track and the cars. it just seems that alot of european tracks i see on the computer are done up like that. so, it made me wonder why. that's all. :)

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

I use to race on grass, but beleive me, that particular track which may look like a mini-golf is awfully tricky and pleasant to ride on. Reason why we don't use to race on track here across the Atlantic is that it rains a LOT and most dirt tracks are closed or impossible to race just because of all the mud... It for sure requires different driving habits and sensations vary a lot. The Kampenhout track must be one of the best out here 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ok, i got ya now. :wink:

ya, rain sucks for sure.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Yes, in Europe it rans often and running in mud is not nice, even worse is marshalling in the mud. Rain doesn't stop the racing, which I suppose explains why almost all UK made ESCs are waterproof.

Stopping the race because it is wet isn't viable as we would never complete any race series.

Considering the astroturf we use as a track surface is usually free (it's cheaper for sports field contractors to give it to us than for them to dispose of it) it's soft so does less damage to the cars, has no dust to get in your bearings, doesn't need regular maintenance and has more grip than dirt, why does the US still run on dirt tracks?

Here's some shots from the UK national meeting at Kidderminster, more of them and the race reports here at Oople.com
Attachments
kiddy.jpg
kiddy.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
kiddy.jpg
kiddy.jpg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 1589 times