Magic Erasers

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage AE
Approved Member

Magic Erasers

Post by vintage AE »

If any of you don't know, I spend more than 1/2 my time living at oil rigs and the remainder at home. I am generally home anywhere between one and six weeks at a time, depending on time of year, but mostly 1 to 2 weeks. I am waiting on parts to arrive for my current RC project, my Kyosho Raider I had in the closet since I was young, so I decided to be a good husband and do some house cleaning. I bought a pack of Magic Erasers by Mr.Clean and went to town on the lower walls (2 dogs & 2 cats, no more explanation needed). These things get off a lot of crap. I was on my forth one and had the inside and outside of the kitchen cupboards done and the hallway before I knew it. I started to notice that I was cleaning my house like I was cleaning my cars, I just hope the wife doesn't get used to it :lol: If they only knew how much time we spent cleaning and putting together a shelf queen.

Anyway, I was thinking how nice it would be if Mr.Clean had a magic pencil eraser :mrgreen: something small and that would be durable enough to clean our RC parts with. I guess a toothbrush and the usually cleaning products will do for now.

And by the way, never start cleaning you house like you would you RC cars, the house is way bigger than any RC and would take days even weeks.

civilguy
Approved Member

Re: Magic Erasers

Post by civilguy »

I tried those on a small portion of our wall and it took the paint right off. My wife ruined the front of our dishwasher with those things. :roll: You can almost use them to sand drywall compound. Personally I threw away the rest of the box. :D
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

maybe they would be good for stripping anodizing :lol:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

We got them when they first came out a few years back. Maybe they've reduced the abrasiveness since?
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff