Another Quickie............... RC10 DS

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Another Quickie............... RC10 DS

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Another on my list this winter--

but I can't stay up until 4am tonight :( , so it will have to get finished later...........

Big thanks to a01butal for virtually ALL the parts

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Another Quickie............... RC10 DS

Post by Lowgear »

Looks good so far. Maybe one of these days i'll finish my custom DS project. Its only been on the back burner for around five years now. :lol: I'm not sure i'll even be able to find all the pieces at this point.

Heck, my first posts on here were in regard to it and how I was thinking of finishing it... and that was two years ago right there. :P

scottmac74
Approved Member

Post by scottmac74 »

Here are some pics of my RC10DS racer's rolling chassis, I just completed building it over the Christmas break. Now I will start looking for the running gear, I will probably use a motor/esc from the same period (since I want it to be a runner).
Attachments
DS_Racer_Bottom.JPG
DS_Racer_Back.JPG
DS_Racer_Right.JPG
DS_Racer_Left.JPG
DS_Racer_Front.JPG
III

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

(since I want it to be a runner).
are you nuts :?:

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

hey i guess if you run it and scratch it it makes mine worth more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i bought a cheep nds and converted it to electric old beater rc10 chassis and a rear shock tower :lol:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

RC10resto wrote:
(since I want it to be a runner).
are you nuts :?:
look at his avatar and that will answer that :lol: ...had to say it but just kidding. Don't take this personal scottmac...some of these guys don't realize what these were meant to be...toys :wink:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

I hope mine will do justice to the DS community,thanks to all the help I've gotten (thanks Reg) luckily no one has the patience to teach an O'le fart how to post pics on threads. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J Sr.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

rc10johnny wrote:I hope mine will do justice to the DS community,thanks to all the help I've gotten (thanks Reg) luckily no one has the patience to teach an O'le fart how to post pics on threads. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J Sr.
You have to use a 3rd party photo site. I prefer http://photobucket.com/ . You upload them and resize them to large with just a click. Then just copy the IMG code from the list on the left and paste it in your post. It will show up as a pic after you hit submit.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scottmac74
Approved Member

Post by scottmac74 »

Am I crazy? We are a forum of grown men and women, spending great sums of money on RC models…aren’t we all crazy???:wink: I don’t hold anything against those who are here to realize a financial R.O.I. (return on investment) for their “Edinger white parts” (or whatever is “fashionable” in vintage Associated collecting right now). Actually, I am glad they are here, (because this hobby is big enough for all of us and it keeps things interesting), but for those of us who enjoy using our cars/trucks the way they are intended, there is no greater R.O.I. :D
III

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

rc10johnny wrote:I hope mine will do justice to the DS community,thanks to all the help I've gotten (thanks Reg) luckily no one has the patience to teach an O'le fart how to post pics on threads. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: J Sr.
O'le farts can post pictures here, I'm proof of that (got you by a couple). I currently use tookmythumbs way and I also post from my own storage drive. The key is your picture must be less than 256k and I adjust that using Microsoft Paint but the benefit of thumbs way is that its done automatically. It's not hard to figure out, you asked and now you've got a couple of ways. Further questions are gladly accomodated, give it a try.

This is all very interesting!

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Ok, i'm doin two things at one time, photo bucket,10 talk ??? ya mean the img symbol at the top of message. I have KODAK instacare too on my computer.please forgive my skills!!! :oops:

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

but for those of us who enjoy using our cars/trucks the way they are intended, there is no greater R.O.I.
I agree and have no problem with that but why not use a chassis with one or two "extra" holes or a couple of scratches. Used black pans are a dime a dozen...............

To me there is a better R.O.I. - running my runner with zero guilt and then dusting the shelfer and being amazed that a "mint" RC car survived 15 years without being run.

I also agree that most of us are crazy, especially me :roll:

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

rc10johnny wrote:Ok, i'm doin two things at one time, photo bucket,10 talk ??? ya mean the img symbol at the top of message. I have KODAK instacare too on my computer.please forgive my skills!!! :oops:
Yes, first copy the direct link from photobucket and then on your rc10talk message click where it says "Img" at the top list across the message area. Now a img command is displayed front and end with a bar in the middle. Place your cursur directly over the bar in the middle and paste the copied link into the middle of the 2 img commands. Go to the bottom and click preview and see if it worked like I say it should. If you see your picture the voila, you are there my friend. If that doesn't work pm me and I'll get your phone number and call you and we'll get it going.

I am with RC10resto, too many runners already out there and there is only 1 time that it is complete, brand new and unscratched, but it is a free world and it's your car do as you like.

This is all very interesting!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

RC10resto wrote:
I also agree that most of us are crazy, especially me :roll:
count me in here too :mrgreen:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Me too, but everyone here already knows I'm nuts--all this chatter and I might even post finished pics of mine