XX Kinwald Edition with Trinity Goodies :0

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: XX Kinwald Edition with Trinity Goodies :0

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I wasn't able to get to the shop to search for the motorplates...but I dreamed about it tonight! Will do Sat

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I wasn't able to get to the shop to search for the motorplates...but I dreamed about it tonight! Will do Sat
Would love an original style machined motor mount also :wink: :D

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

DerbyDan wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:I wasn't able to get to the shop to search for the motorplates...but I dreamed about it tonight! Will do Sat
Would love an original style machined motor mount also :wink: :D
Here's hoping they have some - the icing on the cake if its true. Maybe more so than the Kinwald front towers hehehee.

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

Thank you all for the kind words! Many of you who've commented have been a real inspiration in me doing this build :wink:
jamin wrote:As for the chassis - Horizon UK had 7 chassis a while ago, might be worth asking?
Il give them a try Ben, i had hoped to trade one to keep costs down but I suppose its a bit late for that!
jamin wrote:Thats easy Dan! Just send it off and get it re-anodised. They can strip the purple off and then do it blue. Be careful though, too much blue can be a bad thing
Very true, it could seem a bit ott with the rear bulkhead blue as well. Do you know any decent uk anno companies? Might try it anyway.... :mrgreen:

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

I have two xcellerator bodies I can use for this, one from rick when he had a pile of them pulled from the original mould and one from TBG.
DSC02908.JPG
Id rather use the more detailed body than the TBG version on the left. Its hard to tell from the pics but the difference in detail is quite noticeable in person. However, as im using a short wheel base chassis the TBG body may be a blessing. What with the famous 5% shrinkage on TBG products it might be the perfect fit! :P Does anyone know if a specific swb body was ever produced?

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

urpaldan wrote:I picked up this 'Fantom' alloy rear bulkhead recently.
DSC02874.JPG
Just a shame its purple not blue! :|
Hey! There nothing wrong with purple :wink: Nice build by the way :)

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

CAT3K wrote:Hey! There nothing wrong with purple Nice build by the way
Thanks Paul, much appreciated. Don't worry I love purple! :wink:

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

urpaldan wrote:Heres the motorplate im using. Im assuming this is a trinity item also?

Think i got it from rick/bearrickster who said that he had it anodized blue. Must have been silver originally, like the one on my xxt.

The blue kinwald motorplate had a few scuffs n scrapes so it was no use. I love all the milling on these, way cooler than the original 8)
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2094.JPG
that is a factory Losi centering motor plate that I had anodised to match all the other trinity parts I was going to use.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

urpaldan wrote:I have two xcellerator bodies I can use for this, one from rick when he had a pile of them pulled from the original mould and one from TBG.
DSC02908.JPG
Id rather use the more detailed body than the TBG version on the left. Its hard to tell from the pics but the difference in detail is quite noticeable in person. However, as im using a short wheel base chassis the TBG body may be a blessing. What with the famous 5% shrinkage on TBG products it might be the perfect fit! :P Does anyone know if a specific swb body was ever produced?
I would be willing to bet his was pulled off of one of mine :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

urpaldan wrote:Does anyone know if a specific swb body was ever produced?
I acted as middle man for (I think?) Jose (mamadoesn'tletme) for a pair of Jammin shells that were on sale here on ebay (in the the UK)... It was only when Jose got them that he realised that they were too short for the standard length XX chassis... so one can only assume that they were for the SWB chassis.

Its strange as I cannot remember there being these different chassis options for the XX Bitd - of course there were the longer chassis for the trucks, but none of us contemplated trying these on our buggies!

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

DerbyDan wrote:I acted as middle man for (I think?) Jose (mamadoesn'tletme) for a pair of Jammin shells that were on sale here on ebay (in the the UK)... It was only when Jose got them that he realised that they were too short for the standard length XX chassis... so one can only assume that they were for the SWB chassis.
Hmm, interesting. I wonder if he still has them? Il pm him just incase. Cheers

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

DerbyDan wrote:Its strange as I cannot remember there being these different chassis options for the XX Bitd - of course there were the longer chassis for the trucks, but none of us contemplated trying these on our buggies!
My friend tried one when we used to race indoors during the winter, it was a tight twisty track so the reduced wheelbase helped a little. Didn't make a massive difference though. I considered it, but deemed it too much hassle, especially as you had to cut up a shell to fit.

FWIW, I don't remember any special shells for the short chassis either.

urpaldan
Approved Member

Post by urpaldan »

DerbyDan wrote:I acted as middle man for (I think?) Jose (mamadoesn'tletme) for a pair of Jammin shells that were on sale here on ebay (in the the UK)... It was only when Jose got them that he realised that they were too short for the standard length XX chassis... so one can only assume that they were for the SWB chassis
I wonder if this is a Jammin shell? It seems to fit my swb chassis like a glove.... I'm not much of a fan tbh, the windows look oddly long and im not sure the front window looks right either. Be interesting to know what body it is all the same. I picked it up in a parts lot a while back.
IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG
IMG_2432.JPG

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

urpaldan wrote:
DerbyDan wrote:I acted as middle man for (I think?) Jose (mamadoesn'tletme) for a pair of Jammin shells that were on sale here on ebay (in the the UK)... It was only when Jose got them that he realised that they were too short for the standard length XX chassis... so one can only assume that they were for the SWB chassis
I wonder if this is a Jammin shell? It seems to fit my swb chassis like a glove.... I'm not much of a fan tbh, the windows look oddly long and im not sure the front window looks right either. Be interesting to know what body it is all the same. I picked it up in a parts lot a while back.
It most certainly is!

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Yes I believe that is one of the Jammin shells that fit the SWB chassis... these were the two that I posted to Jose... neither of us realised they were shorter than the regular length jammin shell.

Perhaps the short shell makes the side windows appear longer?