Vintage Check?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: Vintage Check?

Post by templeofspeed »

MONSTER wrote: And, how far "off" would the 102H Reciever be? It doesnt have "recepticles" in the Case, it has Wires with Female Plugs hangin off it.
The R102H was based on the last G plug Rx (R2H, also with "receptacles" on leads), which according to the Futaba timeline ended 10/89 (it has no BEC). It's a little guy, pretty much suited to a 1/12th car from the era. I don't think the R102H was made for more than a year or so.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

templeofspeed wrote:
MONSTER wrote: And, how far "off" would the 102H Reciever be? It doesnt have "recepticles" in the Case, it has Wires with Female Plugs hangin off it.
The R102H was based on the last G plug Rx (R2H, also with "receptacles" on leads), which according to the Futaba timeline ended 10/89 (it has no BEC). It's a little guy, pretty much suited to a 1/12th car from the era. I don't think the R102H was made for more than a year or so.
Well, I guess I'll save it, as I would like to eventually get AE 1/12 anyway.
templeofspeed wrote:And if you're going Futaba on an early RC10:

G plug would be a FP-S28 for the steering and an FP-S32H for the throttle
J plug would be an early logo (Japanese not Taiwanese) S148 steering and S132H throttle.
(The smaller higher speed throttle servos fit better...)
If, as scr8p says, the 148 didnt come out until 88, how could it be "proper" for an "Early 10"?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if you goal is to build it as an "edinger", a 148 wouldn't be proper. no futaba j-plug would be. which is why i asked you which one you had.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

templeofspeed wrote:And if you're going Futaba on an early RC10:

G plug would be a FP-S28 for the steering and an FP-S32H for the throttle
J plug would be an early logo (Japanese not Taiwanese) S148 steering and S132H throttle.
(The smaller higher speed throttle servos fit better...)

Of course you'd need the correct receiver... AM: R2GS or R4F for G type, R102GF or GR for J type. None of the 72 or 75mhz are still legal...being wide band.
SCORE!!!!!!.....maybe.
The Son of a High School Buddy has been telling me for years, that he has all kinds of RC, but he would never produce said items for me to check out. He did the same thing about Paintball...and Motorcycles, etc.
Well, he FINALLY brought the RC stuff over. He had 4 "boxes" full of stuff. When he brought them in, he said, "guess whats in that box right there". I said, "what", and he pointed to my Early 10!!! Sure enough, there was "most" of a fairly early (unsplit spring perches/lipless collars, 6-Gear "A" Chassis/Gears, 1 Hole Rear Tower, remains of MSC) Gold Pan. The Chassis has been drilled to mount the Complete Rear End of another RC (more on that later), but it'll work for a Runner. The Kids Build Thread here (and MOUNTING pile of extra parts :lol: ) has inspired me to put together a "Kit" for my 8 yo Boy to build. Other "-s" are, only 3 Shocks, stripped hole in Nose Plate... He says he has other things for it, like the 6-Gear, Arms, maybe a Rear Bulkhead. On the PLUS Side though, a Pair of NON Jelly Bean Rear Wheels (I'll start a Treasure Pic Thread later), Front Sway Bar, 6 Lunsford TBs (woohoo)....then the clouds parted, Angels started singing, and a BRIGHT light shown down into the box.....which brings me to why I quoted Temple. There, barely visible was FP-S28 Servo!!!!! I FREAKED OUT so bad, and had so much more stuff to go through, I didnt notice for an hour or so, that the Ears were broke of one one side. :cry: But wait!!! Whats that, just under where the Servo was.....YEP, a FP-R2GS!!!!! What luck Huh??? Now, if they work is another question, plus the broken Ear. Well, imagine my surprise, when digging further today, I find ANOTHER S28, with GOOD EARS!!! Hell yeah it was good day, I didnt even have to use my AK!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theres PLENTY more TREASURE, Tires (various), Screws, "motors", Gears (various), old Timed Chargers, TXs, etc. AND, lets just say I have the start of at least 1 more Vintage RC Collection, maybe 2. A few things have actually been sitting in WATER, including a Novak 610-RV. :shock: :shock: Theres more, but I'll cover it in a "Treasure" Thread as I go through it all.

Im SO Happy!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Oh yeah, and some Aluminum, Bearinged Steering Bellcranks!!!! Losi??
:twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: