Any other drag racers on here ?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tim W.
Approved Member

Re: Any other drag racers on here ?

Post by Tim W. »

Also my dragster its a 2012 American chassis!

Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1

myfordcnc
Approved Member

Post by myfordcnc »

Thought this was an interesting take on the term.
Attachments
drag racing2.jpg

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Very nice Tim! Lots of drama around the NW, not even sure if NPSA is still going. Are you with PSCA? The 99 gt bbf twin turbo that we take to SCSN every year but last is getting rebodied as a 67 as we speak. His best before loosing these several hundred pounds was a 7.4X iirc. Will be interesting this year.

The first pic is of another of our locals, had a string of bad luck but its a steel body 55 running low 7's with a jeffco and bbc. He recently traded it off for a chassis car :(

You make it to SCSN in Vegas?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Tim W.
Approved Member

Post by Tim W. »

gomachv wrote:Very nice Tim! Lots of drama around the NW, not even sure if NPSA is still going. Are you with PSCA? The 99 gt bbf twin turbo that we take to SCSN every year but last is getting rebodied as a 67 as we speak. His best before loosing these several hundred pounds was a 7.4X iirc. Will be interesting this year.

The first pic is of another of our locals, had a string of bad luck but its a steel body 55 running low 7's with a jeffco and bbc. He recently traded it off for a chassis car :(

You make it to SCSN in Vegas?
Nope not last year but I'm sure ill go this year!
Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

That is a bad ass paintjob. Love how simple and classic you went with it. From a distance I wouldn't be able to tell that's all paint.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

GreenHell wrote:Amazing work guys! I do a little drag racing but nowhere to that level. Here is my 10 second street/strip ’91 Stang, it has the typical stroked small block w/ blower combo, runs on pump gas and the AC still works. I’ve owned this car since ’93 and have done all the work myself (except for the cage).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789156/1991-ford-mustang

Just make sure and let me know if you ever decide to sell this. :mrgreen:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah that's one clean Fox right there 8) my first Fox was a LX hatchback very similar. Ended up with a 351 and an old school Paxton, and an AOD with Lentech valve body. Very fun car.

My previous job was working in a high performance shop 8) nothing better than getting paid to install and fab go fast goodies, then head out on a Friday night to watch for new customers at the track lol. Damn economy
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

askbob wrote:Just make sure and let me know if you ever decide to sell this. :mrgreen:
Bob, If I ever do you'll be the first to know.
gomachv wrote:Yeah that's one clean Fox right there 8) my first Fox was a LX hatchback very similar. Ended up with a 351 and an old school Paxton, and an AOD with Lentech valve body. Very fun car.

My previous job was working in a high performance shop 8) nothing better than getting paid to install and fab go fast goodies, then head out on a Friday night to watch for new customers at the track lol. Damn economy
Thanks! I never worked at a speed shop but have spent plenty of time hanging out and loitering :mrgreen:
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

Your toys are mind blowing. Err, wow. My life now feels so dull living in wet Europe driving an Audi. You guys are living the dream over there 8)
GARBO 1/8

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

one of our locals had a bad day today. He is the one in the near lane that crosses the center line. The car is literally a show car with a $70k+ Sonnys 903ci mill. Sad day :( On the bright side, he already has a new body ordered according to a friend that spoke with him after the wreck

[youtube]9ZCUiRXAXGI[/youtube]
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Looking for pics for another thread I found pics of my old mustang mentioned above. Ahhhh the memories

Top pic, as I got her. Middle pic, the 351 that I had in it at the end. Bottom pic, 5.0L with cartech intake.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Factory Works website

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Nice looking car!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Yes, much love for the Fox body! I'll have to see if I have any pics of the '90 I had. I miss the days of heading to the track on test & tune night with the slicks in the hatch. Run low 12's mostly stock, throw the slicks back in the hatch, and cruise home blasting the AC getting 20+ MPG. 8)

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Anybody else here following Hot Rod Magazine’s Drag Week Coverage? It’s a pretty cool race program, 5 tracks, 5 days in 1500 miles. The cars must be driven on a predetermined route with check points, no support vehicles allowed. The unlimited class is in the high 6 second zone.

I’m thinking about doing this next year depending on what region of the country they select to do it in.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/events/2013-drag-week/#axzz2ebKDnzTx

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

I grew up at 75-80 Dragway here in MD...I had a 84 mustang 5.0 that ran 11.15 on pump gas...Small bock 331 with a 5 speed...Got rid of it when my back started acting up...Still wish I had it...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL