Vintage RC is migrating to Factory Works!!!

Moderator: ToddFalkowski

ToddFalkowski
Business Member

Vintage RC is migrating to Factory Works!!!

Post by ToddFalkowski »

Sorry guys, I do not normally check this site anymore as the bulk of the activity is on FB. But, we have exciting news!!!

GoMachV on here, Jeff Malar (Factory Works) and I have agreed to have Factory Works take over the carbon fiber cutting! What does this mean? You will no longer see the Vintage RC Parts offering on EBay- instead you will see these parts offered on the Factory Works EBay page, as well as their website. I have a few items listed on EBay, the remaining stock I have left. Past that,. it will all be from Factory Works.

Please give Jeff time to ramp up the production on the carbon fiber parts. And do know, what he chooses to offer from the Vintage RC catalog is his choice. So be kind if he chooses NOT to offer something like the XX battery mount, or decides to change something...

Personally I couldn't be happier to see Jeff taking over. He has the dedication and time that I simply do not have to not only maintain the carbon fiber parts, but to grow them into something bigger and better!

Thank you all!
Find me on Facebook! @vintagercparts @f14chassis

Frankentruck

Re: Vintage RC is migrating to Factory Works!!!

Post by Frankentruck »

Wow!

Todd, thanks for all your help with my past projects.

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=48579
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=48561
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=47752

Jeff is definitely a great choice to carry on the cutting.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

We will offer all your parts Todd, even the XX battery mount :mrgreen: So many of our parts overlap but because of the way I manage my materials I cut everything on demand. Grabbing one of your files vs one of mine is no different at that point 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Awesome news!
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Cool, one stop shopping.

So, does this mean that FW parts will all be available in CF now? Or was it always an option (and I didn't know)?
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

Very cool.

Jeff, FYI, there are some modified Lazer ZX-S towers that Todd and I worked on, so I assume you have those files from him. They include extra camber link holes for high grip tracks as well as extra shock holes. I don't think Todd ever had them on eBay, but he made a few sets for me and I use them on my runner. I'm fairly certain any other ZX-S owners would jump at the chance to mount those.

We also tried to do the full set of ZX-S parts (chassis, etc.), but if I remember correctly, the lower deck, rear gearbox, and the small piece which connects the lower deck to the kick-up plate, still need some work to get the hole alignments correct. In your infinite spare time, we can work through those if you want.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:23 pm Cool, one stop shopping.

So, does this mean that FW parts will all be available in CF now? Or was it always an option (and I didn't know)?
I was cutting carbon all along but a) don't like it much and 2) had Todd to take all the work I didn't want :lol: The difference is it will now be a menu item instead of a secret menu item
stickboy007 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:16 pm Very cool.

Jeff, FYI, there are some modified Lazer ZX-S towers that Todd and I worked on, so I assume you have those files from him. They include extra camber link holes for high grip tracks as well as extra shock holes. I don't think Todd ever had them on eBay, but he made a few sets for me and I use them on my runner. I'm fairly certain any other ZX-S owners would jump at the chance to mount those.

We also tried to do the full set of ZX-S parts (chassis, etc.), but if I remember correctly, the lower deck, rear gearbox, and the small piece which connects the lower deck to the kick-up plate, still need some work to get the hole alignments correct. In your infinite spare time, we can work through those if you want.
I have his customer files so yes things like this should be no problem
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

This is going to be like when Blu Rays came out and I am going to reorder everything I got in the past! :D

Congrats to both of you for working out this deal!!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.