The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by morrisey0 »

Tamiya Falcon based chassis. But with the red chassis pieces, the best I can conclude it that it is a Stadium Thunder (1996 with the MSC servo in place). Would this be the only chassis version available with the red bits? Thanks
Attachments
tamya stadium thunder 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:53 pm Tamiya Falcon based chassis. But with the red chassis pieces, the best I can conclude it that it is a Stadium Thunder (1996 with the MSC servo in place). Would this be the only chassis version available with the red bits? Thanks
Most likely a Stadium Thunder. The Bear Hawk buggy is also Blitzer based and had some red parts but not those.

One of my Stadium Blitzers had various red parts mixed in, likely due to availability.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

Normally wouldn’t grab something like this but stumbled across it at a Goodwill for $7.

Appears to be a 1/12 or 1/16 2wd truck, no destinct markings on it referencing a manufacturer, given the chassis shape I thought perhaps Losi/ecx but as of yet haven’t found anything. The is a number on the side (serial?) RX 1538672Q but that doesn’t pull up anything.

I know this is barely hobby grade but got bored waiting for parts and was going to pull it apart for fun. Thoughts?
Attachments
CDD10A83-4AEC-4AD5-A173-E19E03E952FE.jpeg
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Does anyone know what these front wheels are for? They measure 1 1/8" wide and seem to be for 1.9" tires. They fit the 5/16" flanged bearings for 3/16" front axles. I'm thinking that maybe they are for an RC10DS but I'm not sure.
PXL_20231004_151536948.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I think those are the proline 2557 which were front wheels for rubber tires on pan cars.
photo courtesy of Phin
Attachments
rc10lwheels.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

That's even better than I was hoping. My street duty 10L could make use of them. Thanks for the info.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

b027

Post by b027 »

Hi, I recently picked up an original javelin with apparently mostly vintage parts, except for a re-release roll cage. I'd like help identifying the alloy wheels and suspension arms if possible -- haven't had much luck searching for these yet. Any thoughts or ideas to point me in the right direction would be great! Thanks!

The wheels look like ones from Pargu, except for the two-tone which I haven't seen for this particular design on their site:
wheel-tire2.jpg
The arms I am unsure about - they appear to be well machined, but look identical, or very close, to relatively inexpensive ones available on eBay presently. I'm thinking they are probably the inexpensive ones from China, but wonder if possibly those were copied from an earlier vintage design...? I took some pictures trying to show the tool marks if it's helpful.
arm3.jpg
arm2.jpg

Mtherr1988

Post by Mtherr1988 »

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Yokomo YZ10, or so I think. I'm very new to Yokomo and this is the first one I've ever owned. After looking at various articles online and here at RC10 talk I'm gaining more questions rather than answers. At first I thought it was a Mark Pavidis edition, but certain components don't look right on my car verse others. Everything is carbon, but the chassis looks like nothing I've seen, yet. The shape of the holes in the chassis are nothing like what I'm seeing online. From what i could tell i was missing the battery mounts and battery straps. I've since sourced the mounts as seen in the pics. I think I'm going to struggle with the straps, unless any of you can direct me where to get them. The suspension arms appear to have been drilled out to mimic the Masami arms?? They clearly have been modified. Please see photos below of the car. I guess what I'm asking from you all is simply this...what is this car? How wrong or right is it? Was it worth purchasing? If anything, i think it looks pretty cool. Please tell me anything you know! Thank you everyone!
Attachments
IMG_3781.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG
IMG_3779.JPG

Shutterbugf5

Post by Shutterbugf5 »

Robbeman wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:32 pm Got this today. Is that a RC100? Fuel tank looks strange. Ist that original?
And can somebody identify the body?
Thanks
Robbeman

81B48F1F-ED8A-4C23-A286-4409760108BD.jpeg
the RC100 had a different front axle and had a drum brake rather than the disc brake, otherwise they're essentially the same car. Have you got it running yet? i see you posted this a year ago.

notme
Approved Member

Post by notme »

This is on marketplace local to me. I know its not the Ultima RB...
Attachments
kyoshi.jpg
Bernie Casey
My vintage collection, rc10, rc10 ce, turbo optima ,xls, storm ,jrx2,jrx pro, xxt, inferno mp3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Kyosho rampage
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Is this a Junior T?
Screenshot_20231010-180927.png
Screenshot_20231010-181116.png

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

The wheels are JrT. Molded plastic composite chassis.....
Yes? A JrT.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I don't have it so I can't confirm. It's bundled with something that I'm interested in.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not an authority on Losi ID's though.
Hope you're doin' something fun.