Help identifying some rare parts

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

S1mma
Approved Member

Help identifying some rare parts

Post by S1mma »

Hi chaps, been awol for a while. Back now tho :)

I’ve got some parts that I’d like some help identifying, and please feel free to post in this thread if you have any parts you need help with also.

First up, a red XX motor plate, original version not alloy, anyone know where this came from (or is it custom)?

I am aware of a red racers edge version but I think that was based on the lightweight alloy version of the motor mount and the colour doesn’t match. Any ideas?
Attachments
97B8D49D-A327-4DC1-8880-5C1512CC6D3C.jpeg
EFF6AB56-7840-4983-B48C-6D7EA66356F9.jpeg
C66FA7B9-3DCC-4432-807A-5B72FDC5AD21.jpeg
373F4FEF-866A-4C03-8FBD-D768AF0E5647.jpeg

Rlayman
Approved Member

Re: Help identifying some rare parts

Post by Rlayman »

S1mma wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm Hi chaps, been awol for a while. Back now tho :)

I’ve got some parts that I’d like some help identifying, and please feel free to post in this thread if you have any parts you need help with also.

First up, a red XX motor plate, original version not alloy, anyone know where this came from (or is it custom)?

I am aware of a red racers edge version but I think that was based on the lightweight alloy version of the motor mount and the colour doesn’t match. Any ideas?
Going out on a limb, but maybe the motor plate from Matt Francis 2 truck? The xxxt Matt Francis 2?? Fits the color scheme. But, I could be way wrong.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

It is definitely a XXT motor plate. Looks like a standard version, except for the color. Someone could have had it anodized.

Rlayman
Approved Member

Post by Rlayman »

Lavigna wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 pm It is definitely a XXT motor plate. Looks like a standard version, except for the color. Someone could have had it anodized.
Like I said, went out on a limb. Based on color. Thanks for clearing it up. Didn’t try to steer in the wrong direction by any means. Did the motor plate change that much from xxt to xxxt? Back to the inter web I go....

S1mma
Approved Member

Post by S1mma »

Yeah it’s not a XXX motor plate, the design changed completely for XXX, it’s definitely a XX/XXT plate but looks to have been custom anodised

Xxx motor plates look like this:
504E71A5-5A3D-45F2-AEC8-6C7207BD1499.jpeg