"Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

KidAgain

Re: "Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

Post by KidAgain »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:01 am Oh see I enjoy the crying. As Smokey said “it didn’t say you couldn’t” :lol:
Sneaky sneaky...............................................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:27 am The guys around here like the r1 speed controls but I haven’t seen them run the motors. Lots of Rotor Ron modified motors, But honestly when you have a company like Fantom that practically taught Ron what he knows (or so they claim) it makes you wonder what he knows that the people making the motor don’t. We have a lot of diversity in motors- some castle 7700’s even and they run right with the others.

The new rules are out for next year and everyone has their panties in a wad over weight, tire sauce, and bodies. Ugh. The whole idea was to keep it simple- rubber tires, 2s, and make it to the finish line.
Im just glad its been squared away for 2021 its pretty simple really takes the tire issue and cheating out of it with the prep being okay now the other rules were for the BODY whiners and carbon fiber chassis cry babies...............................(minimum weight) which is a good thing in my opinion..

Jake D
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

The super light cars seem to be too erratic. We had some pretty good wind gusts during yesterdays race and some of the cars were getting blown out of shape or worse. My heavy pig didn't notice a difference. I just need more horsepower to move that weight to the finish line a little faster. I just ordered a Fantom 4.5t icon v2 pro drag motor. I think it might get my car moving a little faster. :wink:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Let me know how that motor works out for ya. I have my eyes on that one or another revtech 4t.

Light cars aren’t necessary, but it lets us put weight where we want it 8) we have a couple lcg cars that run with us, they do fine. The DR10 imo is better platform hands down to any Traxxas based rig I’ve seen however a Traxxas base is still top dog on our list.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

It's on backorder, like everything else, but is supposed to be in stock by the 20th. I'll let you know how it goes.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Just found out proline was bought out by Horizon, it’s a good time to stock up on tires and bodies before the local mom and pops shops can’t get them anymore
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

So there was a good debate discussion at my lhs yesterday over the "interpretaion" of the 2021 rules for NPRC. They seemed pretty simple and straight forward to me, but there was a about a 50/50 split of opinions over the "4 holes anywhere on the body not to be more than 1/2" diameter". I had stated that on my list of mods to do to my car was 4 evenly spaced 1/2" holes near the top of the rear window, which I interpreted as being within the rules. Some guys said that the "4 holes rule" referred to the holes we drill for the body posts. I argued that they were not open holes once the body post is through them, and by this logic, you could not drill holes for the screws that hold some of the rear wings on. Not to mention, who the @#$! drills 1/2" body post holes? Still, I would hate to cut the holes and end up with a $60 body that I can't legally run. Any thoughts on this?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

They mean venting holes, body mount holes are a given. They should clarify tho. The more rules they make the more detailed they need to be. The biggest gripe for us locally has been tire prep but it has always been allowed, the rule was just clarified lol. Everyone thought they weren’t allowed to prep. The track is the no prep part, not the tires
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

absolutely.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Pic of me and and a buddy of mine caught at the finish line.
Attachments
me and Austin.jpg

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

It's sort of funny when you think about it. Weeks of stressing over parts shortages, countless hours of planning, building and testing. About $1000, and the ol'lady is frowning at every penny. In the end it all comes down to a moment less than 3 seconds long that ends with your toy car being just a bit ahead of your buddies toy car. :lol:
I wouldn't have traded that moment for anything. Damn right it's worth it. 8)

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Finished the new wing today. I really don't think the one that came with the nova body was doing much.
Attachments
DSC01647.JPG
DSC01646.JPG
DSC01645.JPG
DSC01644.JPG

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Beautiful

I rarely throw more than one color at these, as they seem to do the Mario brothers turtle maneuver at some point early in their life and i can’t take that sort of heartbreak .
Factory Works website

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:46 pm Beautiful

I rarely throw more than one color at these, as they seem to do the Mario brothers turtle maneuver at some point early in their life and i can’t take that sort of heartbreak .
Yah I hear you on that my Andy’s painted bodies are beat to s***.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I received my Fantom 4.5t Pro Mod Drag motor last week. Got it installed and made some other upgrades while I was at it. Mostly just swapping out traxxas parts for RPM parts. The motor is everything I was hoping for and then some. I have a very mild tune on it and a bunch of softener on the bottom end and it is violently powerful. So much so, that the phenom D30's that I'm running are balloning so bad, that I loose all steering and become unstable. At static, I have plenty of droop up front to account for front lift. The wheelie bar is set low. At launch. the front end can only lift about an inch, but when the rear tires are 8 or 9 inches in diameter at high speed, steering disappears. I'm looking into some options for foams or maybe even different tires right now.