No votes
Peakey
13%

Total votes: 52

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: ** Build of the Month Contest - January 2019 ** - Winner - city.life

Post by Dadio »

Honestly when Martco78 posted his Rothmans NSU I thought the game was over , such a lovely scale looking car and the three points I got yesterday were my lot , its never over till its over guys and there are plenty of nice cars this month that deserve some votes !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Todd, I really like that thing! Is it 12th scale or what? When I look at it I really like it, but I'm also confused by it for some reason. Amazingly, not a new feeling for me! :? :oops:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

It reminds me of Herbie the love bug! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Cityife makin a strong run at dadio, its know surprise either.....with that Hot Trick chassis, vintage novak receiver, (wheres the esc?), and in my opinion thee most classic bag motor of all time,! The MRP silver can. Hell, i bought a cherry mrp fastcat just because it had two of those motors, plus i had one in 87'. Nice build citylife!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

city.life
Approved Member

Post by city.life »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm Cityife makin a strong run at dadio, its know surprise either.....with that Hot Trick chassis, vintage novak receiver, (wheres the esc?), and in my opinion thee most classic bag motor of all time,! The MRP silver can. Hell, i bought a cherry mrp fastcat just because it had two of those motors, plus i had one in 87'. Nice build citylife!
It has a Novak speed controller now. And the car runs good. Although I would say the flex on the Hot Trick chassis could be better---I mainly like the look of it. I'll try to get a recent pic for you soon. Thanks for the kind words!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 pm It reminds me of Herbie the love bug! :mrgreen:
Thanx Thumbers for me not being able to get that outta my mind every time I look at it now :lol:

Its a 1/10 scale Schumacher .21 xtr3. Back at the end of the nitro stadium truck era Schumacher started throwing bigblock power in the mix to take sales away from the other companies. With its 3 speed .21 stock for these things scream. The body looks weird from that angle for sure. One of my favorites that I could never afford new so when a local had this for sale I paid way too much anyway :oops: . Now to get it in the lineup for some cleaning and updating 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Cool, I don't believe I remember the stadium truck, but I think they had a road car with that 3 speed tranny also. I remember wondering how reliable the shifting action was. Cool concept! My only experience with a multi-speed tranny was with a friend's Duratrax. I'm guessing Schumacher had it down a little better. 8)
Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

klavy69 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 pm
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 pm It reminds me of Herbie the love bug! :mrgreen:
Thanx Thumbers for me not being able to get that outta my mind every time I look at it now :lol:
Could be worse..... :roll:

klavy69 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 pm Now to get it in the lineup for some cleaning and updating 8)
I don't think you can clean these, mate.... like I mentioned to someone a few days ago, I think they came out of the factory dirty and coated in crap! Only rational answer to the number of them I've seen in that condition......

Great to see the truck though.... love seeing different things in these comps!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

"Thumbs" not comin this weekend to drive the Rampage due to bad weather, F!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

:lol: Won't be long 'til next time! 8)
Ken

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

klavy69 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Its a 1/10 scale Schumacher .21 xtr3. Back at the end of the nitro stadium truck era Schumacher started throwing bigblock power in the mix to take sales away from the other companies. With its 3 speed .21 stock for these things scream. The body looks weird from that angle for sure. One of my favorites that I could never afford new so when a local had this for sale I paid way too much anyway :oops: . Now to get it in the lineup for some cleaning and updating 8)

Todd
I'm not an expert on anything IC but even I know a .21 3 speed in a 1/10 is overkill ! Until I read this I guessed it was 1/8 , I'm a big fan of overkill most of the time !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Its definately got at least a 2 speed, i can see the cluthbell when i zoom in, and a .21. Pretty classic really, dude deserves some votes. I dont think nitro is very popular here. I dig em tho. Assault, Nitro Brute, Nitro Billard, Stinger all true nitro classics. I like electric too, just sayin

city.life
Approved Member

Post by city.life »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm .....with that Hot Trick chassis, vintage novak receiver, (wheres the esc?)
Hey coxbros1, I uploaded pics at the link with the latest electronics. I won't change the pics for the contest: http://cityl.io/showroom?iid=176

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Nice!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

coxbros1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:13 am Its definately got at least a 2 speed, i can see the cluthbell when i zoom in, and a .21.
Some better pics of trans and clutchbell area...
1548020883554-1701795088.jpg
Dadio wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:32 pm I'm not an expert on anything IC but even I know a .21 3 speed in a 1/10 is overkill ! Until I read this I guessed it was 1/8 , I'm a big fan of overkill most of the time !
Yep, you might just need that lil sumthin exrtra...but really not this much. Rarely used its full capabilities unless you were out parking lot running. These were wheelie monsters on asphalt tracks. Back about 15 to 18 years ago we had a lhs that dealt mostly with SCHUMACHER and hosted parking lot races on Saturdays. What is really awesome to see is one of these things flip on its lid and literally slide on its body upside down over 150 feet. Here its next to my 1/10 scale KF2 to give you the scale.
1548020945526-511110071.jpg
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Return to “RC10Talk Build of the Month Contest”