RIP Speed Channel :-(

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Re: RIP Speed Channel :-(

Post by knucklebuster »

Halgar wrote:It's Fox, they had to make room for more of their riveting "news" programs and commentators. :roll:
:lol:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

longboardnj wrote:
vwjuice wrote:
hawgfanman wrote:I'm hoping that Velocity turns in to something similar to the Speedvision days. They seem to be working towards that goal. They show some WRC specials every now and then. Hopefully they'll start showing some live racing.

I agree. Velocity at least has some good car shows like fast n loud.

What I want to know is, how am I going to watch the SCCA spring run offs?? I always watch those. I record every single race no matter what te class is.
fast n loud rules!! one of my fav shows.. i love how they show him losing money alot not just making money every show/deal.. thats how that stuff really works you loose alot sometimes in that "flip/restore cars" game.
I think that's part of the greatness to that show. They remind me of My buddy and I and showing that they lose as much as they win is good to see.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

knucklebuster wrote:
Halgar wrote:It's Fox, they had to make room for more of their riveting "news" programs and commentators. :roll:
:lol:
oh, that's so true, what a bunch of tards

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I guess Speed is actually dead.

I noticed a few months ago that it was no longer on DirecTV channel 607, which didn't bother me because I haven't watched it in so long.

I was flipping through some lower channels today and found MAV TV on channel 214 that was showing the Great Britain WRC, Lucas off-road and pulling! So I looked online and found that Speed and Fuel have now become Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2, and are nothing like they used to be.

328isjohn
Approved Member

Post by 328isjohn »

We still get Speed channel here in Canada :D seems fox sports 1 or 2 isnt allowed to broadcast in Canada

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

They said back in the days espn2 was going to be motosports heavy, then came all the other sports and ruined that. Over the years they bring out some new speed channel and they mess it up, not sure how they do it?????? I am a FANATICAL motocrosser, used to race amateur and even pro here and over seas, and I still read motocross action regularly.In the current issue they state that back in the 1980"s on wide world of sports on ABC I am sure all of you remember that, when they broadcasted the u.s grand prix from Carlsbad that more people tuned in for that one race, than todays national coverage COMBINED!!! Man I could not belive that but like anything less people are buying mx bikes due to not just the economy but the sport has declined for about 15 - 20 years. You just get to a point that there is no growth, look at all the types of motosports there are,, back then you did not have the X games and people back flipping bikes :roll: They even predict that the hobby business will dwindle due to the young guys don't build plastic kits like I did and still do. Kids have many ,more options these days.
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

328isjohn
Approved Member

Post by 328isjohn »

Well it looks like rogers is pulling the plug on Speed up here in Canada..seems they want a better deal to carry the channel on their line up.......as I told the rogers guys on twitter...you pull the channel and I pull my cable and internet....any one up here in Canada know of or use Vmedia for internet and TV ?

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

328isjohn wrote:Well it looks like rogers is pulling the plug on Speed up here in Canada..seems they want a better deal to carry the channel on their line up.......as I told the rogers guys on twitter...you pull the channel and I pull my cable and internet....any one up here in Canada know of or use Vmedia for internet and TV ?
I use Shaw! No problems!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Same here, there are many sources out there though. You can watch most anything online, pay per view, series, sports, movies. No real need for a cable provider other than a super fast T1 or fiber optic connection to the internet.

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

I'm just mad cause although they still showed MotoGP last season, Moto2 was hard to find, sometimes on Fox sports 1, sometimes on some other channel. And World Super Bike has dissapeared completely, I don't know what channel that went to. I must be the only one who watches motorcycle racing...

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

I don't have cable anymore so for me it kind of stinks, however you are not the only one who watches motorcycle racing.Just I never know when its on :shock: they mess up the listings most of the time.
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

In Fox's defense.... With all the dedicated sports channels coming together, they had to jump on the NASCAR train before someone else did.

Although, ya... I'm going to miss Speed channel for sure!
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback