1/12 TOJ body

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Buzzcow

1/12 TOJ body

Post by Buzzcow »

Anyone know any TOJ lexan body (original or repro) still selling in market?

Thanks

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Re: 1/12 TOJ body

Post by Eau Rouge »

Nothing out there anymore, but I know Jay (mr lexan) has an original. I have a few NIB for my projects, too. He might start doing some re-pops of the vintage 1/12ths if there is enough demand. Hard to justify, though, as they were only $10 bodies when they were new, and the demand now would be VERY limited. Best to scour eBay for them, or check with the local hobby shop to see if any of their distributors might have a few lying around. I saw a couple turn up at the local track last winter for some reason, and I don't think they were for anyone. I think the owner saw an odd 1/12th body form Associated on his supplier's inventory and bought them because he thought they were new.

Hell, might even still have them hanging on the wall there. If you are in the US, I can give you the track hobby shop's info...

Buzzcow

Post by Buzzcow »

Eau Rouge wrote:Nothing out there anymore, but I know Jay (mr lexan) has an original. I have a few NIB for my projects, too. He might start doing some re-pops of the vintage 1/12ths if there is enough demand. Hard to justify, though, as they were only $10 bodies when they were new, and the demand now would be VERY limited. Best to scour eBay for them, or check with the local hobby shop to see if any of their distributors might have a few lying around. I saw a couple turn up at the local track last winter for some reason, and I don't think they were for anyone. I think the owner saw an odd 1/12th body form Associated on his supplier's inventory and bought them because he thought they were new.

Hell, might even still have them hanging on the wall there. If you are in the US, I can give you the track hobby shop's info...
Thanks very much! :) I am looking for few for my RC12i project.....But I live in Hong Kong!

polarbear
Approved Member

Post by polarbear »

Some years back a New Zealand company called "Frewer" has 1/12 TOJ, where is this company now?

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

Get with LONESTARHOBBIES on here, he has the form and is working on the bodies.

polarbear
Approved Member

Post by polarbear »

In fact, where are all the plugs of the popular body shells by Assoc, Parma, Mrp etc. Are they (the orginals) still existing and held by someone, or just collecting dust at the corners? If yes, are the holders willing to offer "made to order"? Just cannot understand why Associated , thought the ownership has changed, cannot accept a group order. It should not be a difficult task??? These products have HIGH profit margin!!

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

Lonestar hobbies has one plug, I do not know which one, youd have to contact him.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

polarbear wrote:Some years back a New Zealand company called "Frewer" has 1/12 TOJ, where is this company now?
Frewer are still around..tried buying a bunch of molds off him recently..I can ask for you guys..